IVF 3.5 year wait???

Helenttc
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:30 am 
Post subject: IVF 3.5 year wait???
Hi everyone.

We have just had our fertility appointment and have been referred for IVF but have been told there is a 3.5 year wait. I can't believe it. There's a 4 month wait for private, we can probably afford one cycle if we save really hard but what if that doesn't work?

Does anyone know how I can get on a shorter waiting list? I live in the North East of England.

Thanks
H x x
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hello, sorry to hear that. Its such a long wait it must seem really unfair. We have to go private too as Im not old enough-need to be 36 in my county and Im 29. Like you we can only afford 1 go so we're giving it a go. Maybe you could go on the waiting list, then have a private go in the meantime?
Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:59 pm 
Post subject:
Wow, I thought it was bad for us but that's really unfair. I don't see how they can decide on treatment by age.

Sounds like you have the same problem as us, judging by your banner. It sucks doesn't it?!

Anyway I'll keep everything crossed for you.

Take care
H xx
Minxymoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

That is a very long time but hang in there it could change. We were told we'd have to wait 2yrs and self fund - Jan 08 - but since then its changed and now we get 2 free cycles and we start in Sept. They'd start now but the consultant still thinks we have a better chance of convcieving naturally. I think she's missed the bit in my notes where it says we've been trying for 4 and a half years!

You can stay on the NHS list and have private cycles in the mean time. Fingers crossed for you xx
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Helen
I've sent you a pm
NoddysWorld
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:25 am 
Post subject:
OMG, how long?!?!?! Shocked

We have just been refered via NHS not sure of the waiting times as we have not heard anything back.

Basiclly we were asked to come in to do some bloods and when we got the results of them we would be refered. That was 3 weeks this Monday just gone.

How long was it before you heard from the clinic?

Short story:

My friend was telling me that a girl she worked with, ttc for 5 yrs, then adopted and fell PG after a further 3 yrs, that 8 yrs. Thats a hell of a long time. x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular