Using Medised for teething pain relief

Loobylou
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:06 pm 
Post subject: Using Medised for teething pain relief
Hi

My 6month old is teething, she is waking in the night about 3-4 times i have given her calpol but it doesant seem to do much and only lasts for a couple of hours. Its awful as she cries in pain whilest sleeping and is extremely restless. A friend of mine suggested using Medised as it is stronger than calpol but you need to get it over the counter. I have been looking it up on the internet and it says you should not give it to under 2yr olds without doctors advice as it has a mild sedative to help them sleep, BUT it CAN be used if ok with doctor. Has anyne out there used it if so how was it?? did it help??

Thanks Lou xx
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:59 pm 
Post subject:
We use the same kind of thing but it has a different name over here. Went to the doc to get it prescribed (only costs a $1 from a doc over here Very Happy ), that way he knew we were using it in case of a reaction. Although it said we could use it every 4-6 hours, we only used before bedtime to get the full effect of the seditive, worked great!!!! Teething a right Twisted Evil Twisted Evil evil thing Confused
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi to you both, thanks for the advice,

She slept so much better i her own room apart from the pain from teething, she was awake from 12-1 when the calpol wore off, we gave her some more and she slept till 3.30 then woke for a feed then went back to bed till 7.30!!!

has anyone used MEDISED?????? aparently you have to get it over the counter as it contains a mild sedative, a friend of mine used it on her daughter and it helps them sleep through the pain, its stronger than calpol if anyone has used it can you please let me know what your thoughts are???

Thanks Lou xx
ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hav u tried rubbin Bonjella into her gums before bed time? I find this helps with my son . x
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:49 pm 
Post subject: Medised rules!
I have a four year old daughter and I don't think I could have survived without using Medised on her!, I also have a 5 month old, who is a nightmare at sleeping - possibly intolerant of milk but thats a different topic! I have used Medised on him when he has been up a hundred times and I need sleep! takes about 20 mins to kick in, never harmed my daughter and is ok with my son! chemists will advise not to use until over age 2 but the label on the product says otherwise, just so long as you don't give every night there is no harm using once in a while or every few nights! but I wouldn't advice you use in day.
Hope this has helped.
Lize Very Happy
supertwinmum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:25 pm 
Post subject: hi i've used medised
I have 5 year old twins and when they were about 4 months old they were teething and had the cold. My sister told me to try medised, she'd used it with all 3 of hers from 3 months on. I used it and it was a godsend. I have a 9 month old baby now and have used medised previously with her, and again, it worked wonders. When i tried to buy it for her today, i was told it is no longer available for under 2 years but i bought it any way (told them it was for my twins). I've given my baby some and will continue to do so if she is really unsettled. hope this helps Smile
MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:29 pm 
Post subject:
medised is the best thing in the world, it has only just changed in the last couple of months, it has always been from 3 months but they have just changed the age on it.
i try not to give medicine very often but when your baby is in pain medised is the best thing to give imo

Jump to:  

Community

Popular