Antinateal check ups??

lisa25
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:23 pm 
Post subject: Antinateal check ups??
Hi all,

im 8 weeks pregnant with my second child although my first child is 6 now so i have forgotton everything. Ive been to the doctors and all they said was they would right to to hospital, they didnt ask me any questions, blood pressure height or weight -is this normal?

Also the hospital have written to me and said that my first appointment is 7th january and i think i will be around 18 weeks then, i always remember having an appointment at 10-13 weeks for all of the above and also to see if im carrying more than1 and to work out the due date by the size. Then the second one at 18-20 weeks. My periods were never regular and somestimes i would go without one for 3 months!

Im a bit worried if this is normal or have they got the appointment date wrong?

please help thanks!

ps. is it ok to eat shellfish at this stage like hot garlicy creamy mussels ermmmmm!!!! lol!!!
Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:34 am 
Post subject:
hi lisa.
im charlotte. im a student midwife. congratulations on your pregnancy.!!!
yes its normal for you to have your appointment with the hospital at that time, especially because its your second baby. this appointment is called your 'booking appointment'.....you'll find that because this is your second baby (is his your second pregnancy though??) the midwives, etc will be a lot more relaxed becasue your body will 'know' what to do. it may be so late because christmas and new year fall on the time when you would be around 12 - 16 weeks. which could be the reason why your appointment is so late. either that or its just very busy at this time and thats the only appointment that they could give you.
dont worry bout forgettin everything, most people do! i did - my sons nearly 5 - and now doing my training their teaching me things i should already know but theres a hell of a lot to remember when your pregnant!

when is your dating scan appointment???

unfortunatly no shellfish!!! its a BIG no no. so you'll have to enjoy the smell only!!!
hope this helps
charl xx
lisa25
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:25 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Charlotte,

I dont no when my dating scan is they havnt said they just said that the appointment will take bout 1hr and half and that it might include a scan? thats why i was a bit confused i mean, i might be carrying twins or triplets- highly unlikely but going that long without anything just worried me.

I called the hospital yesterday and they said that it was because it is fully booked at the moment but i managed to get a cancellation!! which is 10th dec four weeks earlier than the 7th jan! : )

It is my second pregnancy but the first one i had a planed ceaseran because the baby was so big 10lbs 3oz!! and i was only a size 6 waste b4 and 4ft 11!! little bit taller now for some reason 5ft 1 lol. I had a blood transfusion 2 pints i think and it has seriously damaged my back for 6 years now ive been in agony so im a bit worried about carrying another biggan!!

As for the shellfish what a shame i was so looking forward to some! i remember i couldnt the last time but a friend of mine ate it all the way through so i was just double checking.

thanks very much for your reply
xx
Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:30 am 
Post subject:
aaahhh thats brill that you have an earlier appointment.
there is nothing worse that having to wait for an appointment when your pregnant. especially a scan. i hated waiting!!!

they will monitor you with regards to the size of your baby, any signs of another big one and they will send you for growth scans and also with you havin a previous c section they may offer you that again, dependant on the hospital they very rarely let mums deliver naturally the next time round due to the scar tissue from your c section being a risk of rupturing. but this also depends on the size of baby

take care xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular