Im Adopted....feel free to ask questions .....

rachelRAWRstar
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
hey lucy!
wow, you are really brave for things in your life. i wouldn't have the guts to say anything tbh haha. i do have a question though.. i don't want to sound like i'm a b***h or anything, but what would you think if i was to put my baby up for adoption?

my mum has had 17 kids (all bilogical!) and i have helped look after my younger brothers and sisters, but i am still only 16 (nearly 17) and not sure whether i can look after this baby on my own. my current boyfriend wants me to abort the baby whereas me and the babys father want to keep it. but i'm kinda scared incase i can't cope. and i'm also not sure what my life is going to be like. my boyfriend says i will loose all my friends and family over it. sometimes i think that maybe he is just saying it because him and the babys father don't get on. but maybe he is actually saying what he thinks. if i keep this baby, then he is going to break up with me, and the babys father may or may not be there for me and the baby. Sad

i love my OH very much, but i still love my baby. it's just, i know i am very young and that i may not make the greatest mum in the world, but i still don't want an abortion. i was thinking that having the baby then giving it to a maternal family who would love and care for the baby, but then on the other hand i think it would be mean to get rid of my baby in shelfishness over my own social life.

what am i supposed to do? please help Crying or Very sad

- love Rachel 'x
lucycherish
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:12 pm 
Post subject:
hey rachel,
i hope you dont mind but i have replied in a personal message.
x
Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:58 pm 
Post subject:
ok then. thankyou. x
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:58 pm 
Post subject:
hi and i know what you going through i was adopted when i was 7 years old

AlfiesMom
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:23 pm 
Post subject:
I was also adopted - i was only 12 weeks old though. If anyone ever wants to ask me anything feel free to message me. xx
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:00 am 
Post subject:
if you don't mind me asking how come you got adopted, i got adopted because i was sexual abused by my uncle and my mom and dad did not care x

AlfiesMom
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:27 pm 
Post subject:
I dont know a reason, and have never tried to find out tbh. I was given up immediately from birth but spent a few months in foster care before being adopted.

My mum has offered to give me my birth cert and paper work and to help me trace them, but ive never felt the need. xx
Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:22 am 
Post subject:
Hi sorry for the extremely late reply! The reasons for my adoption started before i was born, whilst my birth mother was pregnant she overdosed on epilepsy medication, so social services kept an eye on her from then, when i was 17 days old she tried to smother me and was caught by a nurse as she was living in a mother and baby home. i was then taken into foster care until i was adopted at 14months, i am glad i was adopted, for a lot of reasons but the main one is that i either wouldnt even be alive or that i wouldnt have met my partner and had our beautiful daughter. I only found out this information by going through the social services that i was adopted through it took time but im glad i found out, i also know where my birth mum lives and have spoken to her before i knew why i was adopted x
Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:24 pm 
Post subject:
Lucy, can i just say that your and your adoptive parents (who i know you will refer to as your true parents) are so lucky to have found each other. It is so lovely to see a positive situation from something that could have been so complicated and sad. You seem so content. I hope you continue to be very happy x
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular