How much breastmilk for 8 month old baby

Ellasanti
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:42 pm 
Post subject: How much breastmilk for 8 month old baby
Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate any advice you can give me. Sophie is almost 8 months old and is now on 3 meals a day. How many time should I be nursing her in addition to her solids?
She started refusing the bottle at an early age so I have only been able to breastfeed her. I'm currently breastfeeding her once in the morning before her breakfast (she nurses for about 5-10 minutes), I try to give her either expressed milk or some formula from a beaker mid-afternoon (but she hates this so at a good session she'll have about 6 oz), and then I'll breastfeed again before she goes to bed (she nurses for about 10-15 minutes).
Does this sounds like she's getting enough milk? My mother's instinct is saying no, I want to feed her more often, but I'm going back to work in a few months so desperately need her get used to feeding less often from me and used to a cup. However, I don't want her to miss out on the vital vitamins she should be getting from my milk.

Any help would be very appreciated!!!!!

Thank you in advance,

Carla.x
libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
The advice is that they should have 21oz when they are weaned. However, Jamie was basically exclusively bf (milk wise) until I went back to work when he was 8 months and you have no way of knowing so I'd be guided by your lo. If you feel she's not getting enough could you try her with a cup of milk mid-afternoon and see if she'll take it that way

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:41 am 
Post subject:
Sounds fine to me Smile . at that age I was only BF twice a day morning and evening and offering a drink after dinner and milk after tea and using milk on his breakfast ,and he got dairy from yoghurts and cheese as well,not long after I just fed in the evenings and offered a cup of milk with breakfast (he was better with a cup than a bottle right from about 5 months) if your baby is happy and content and gaining weight then i'm sure she's getting enough xxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular