First Pregnancy

Rosie123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:53 pm 
Post subject: First Pregnancy
Hi All

Just found out I'm pregnant on Friday, have had a gut feeling for the past 4 weeks, but only got the positive result on Fri. I'm going to the doctor this Friday coming. Am feeling a bit strange, can't really put it into words!! i've got quite bad cramps, and have a really bloated tummy........is that normal??
Breasts feel really sore, more so at night. And I'm waking up in the middle of the night unable to get back to sleep.
I don't think it feels real yet.....when will I start to show??
Shocked Shocked
jennipie
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Rosie Congratulations! Its a wonderful feeling isnt it. My husband and I had been trying for almost a year and then it happened! Yeah! We are 10weeks pregnant, but technically 7.5 weeks the baby has been developing, Im really confsed about that but never mind!
Apparently we havent to worry about the stomach cramps... as long as there is no spotting ( bleding), which I did have, and I have been going to EPAS at my local hospital to get fornightly scans to make sure everyhting is ok! Im extremely bloated myself, its very uncomfortable, but maternity clothes still seem to be a little big for me.,. i just dont understand this maternity wear palava lololol!!! Very Happy , but honestly loving every second.
Im feeling a little lonely thought, because my husband has been so busy lately and we live a bit away from our family and friends... plus ive been off work for a week because ive had the mumps... well they say its mumps or glandular fever, but i have been so bored and lonely, and especially because my Husband is a member of like loads local clubs... he isnt in at night so im all alone then as well..... Crying or Very sad
Take care x Smile
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:46 pm 
Post subject:
congrats to both of you Very Happy

yep those aches and pains are perfectly normal early on - it's your ligaments softening and stretching to prepare for all the growing that's coming up Very Happy

Keep us all posted on how everything goes!! good luck
jennipie
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Devon Mum, I was wonderingif u could possibly clear something up for me as no1 seems to be able to give me an answer.The scans shows that im 7.5 weeks, however according to the due date calendars they predict that I am 10weeks pregnant, for example the one on this website, says my baby has been developing for 7.5weeks, but technically im 10weeks pregnant. I know that u add on weeks etc thats how they calculate, but the picture that is provided on this website does it show what the baby looks like when he/she is 10weeks or the 7.5weeks that it is just now!!! Hope someone can help hehehe!!! xxx
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:06 am 
Post subject:
hehe

yeah - I was totally confused by that as well! OK here's how it works...

Almost all calendars count 40 weeks for normal pregnancy (although technically human gestation is 38 weeks) - so day 1 of your pregnancy is actually day 1 of your last period (weird I know). So, as an example, for me the 1st day of my last period was March 1st. This means I am now 35 weeks pregnant. However - logically of course my baby wasn't conceived until somewhere in mid-March - so in 'reality' I'm proabably 33 weeks pregnant. That's what causes the 2 week differential. When looking at development calendars, use the date of your last period at day 1, and you should find it's pretty accurate.

Alternatively, count 40 weeks from day 1 of your last period, and enter that as your due date on the calendars rather than picking a week. That way it will work it out for you Very Happy

Hope that helps!!

p.s. I've no idea why it's done this way! I guess it just makes it easier for the midwives and doctors Very Happy

Anna
jennipie
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:27 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks hi went for another scan today, and although things are going fab, the general theory is even more confusing to me.... Agh hehehe,
The Sonographer finally told me that she thins the baby is 8weeks, but technically, im just over 10weeks... and that my original due date given which was June 9th, is now June the 20th ... hmmm.. which is really funnyanyways because thats my birthday lol!!!
Im feeling extremely bloated... my trousers are bursting at the waist!!! The joys...
you must be so excited that you nearly due thats fab.. do you know what sex the baby is? Or are you waiting for a big surprise!!! take care,

Jenni x
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:27 am 
Post subject:
hehe

just count back from June 20th if that's def ur due date - is way simpler that way Wink

yep - I'm having a boy Very Happy I've been certain he's a boy since about 12 weeks, so we asked at the 20 week scan. Call me practical, but the main reason was cos of the sales so I could buy lots of nice baby clothes half price lol Wink

GL with the pregnancy

Anna
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:40 pm 
Post subject:
I'm 7 weeks pregnant (baby developing for 5 weeks, I think if I'm understanding this complicated system right!) I've also had a lot of stomach cramps, really painful last weekend, but no bleeding so all seems fine, from everything I've heard from various people this is normal. Relieved to hear someone else is really bloated, some evenings can't fit in my trousers, but shouldn't be showing yet?! Am seeing midwife next week, so hopefully get answers about all this sort of stuff then. Hope your various pregnancies are going well.

LD xx
Rosie123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya

Had my first appointment with doctor today. Was a little disappointed as I was not given much info at all. She had a little prod of my tummy and told me that she thought I was 8 weeks. Have booked my first appointment with the midwife on Monday so hopefully that will be better. I don't know what I expected, perhaps to be asked some medical history....to be weighed......nevermind Confused

Anyway, felt much better this week, nolonger feeling sick, still having the odd cramp and am incredibly bloated (sitting here with trousers undone!!). I'm getting excited now, it's still all very weird, but I think it's sinking in a little.

Hope eveyone else is ok

Rosie x Very Happy
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:41 am 
Post subject:
The first drs appointment is a bit weird, at least yours prodded your tummy, more than mine did! He was very nice and answered any questions we had, but didn't do anything else. It feels strange doesn't it, it's such big news for us and they're just like ok, go see the midwife! Let's hope our midwives are a bit more proactive!! Good luck Monday with the midwife Rosie.
Smile
LD
jennipie
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hey, I have my first antenatal appt with the midwife a week on Tuesday, Im so excited! The stomach cramps seemed to have sort of stopped but I know that hey were extremely sore! They almost took my breath away!! Im so glad that someone else is feeling bloated as wel..... i cant wear my trousers at all anymore so i had to buy loads new things! Im sort of ok in the morning but as the day goes on, Im glad i didnt put on my old trousers cause i Know they would be cutting me in half and I need to breath! Its not exactly showng, just bloatedness just now but in the next couple of weeks I should be! My mum, who was always a slinky size ten, whilst pregnant with myself put on like 5stone. She was huge! By the time she was 4.5months apparently she looked as though she was about to drop at any time.Plus I was born 7lbs 10, so that not huge! Im slightly concerned but not, cause I was already a curvy 16, ... see what Im getting at, but I know everyone is completely different. good Luck all, its good to talk to other pregnant people.. it canbe a lonely time lololol!!!
jenni
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:04 am 
Post subject:
the midwives are generally WAY better than the GP in my experience so far. I'm sure you'll all be having a better time of it once you have your info from your midwife team.

and don't worry about the bloating early on - it does settle back to normal! I'm 36 weeks now, and have put on just under a stone so far (although I have a HUGE bump, so it seems weird, but there u go) - just goes to show your body will do what it wants really over the next few months, so just enjoy the excuse to buy new clothes a lot Very Happy
Venjac
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hi....

Its my first baby.......and i over excited about it.......i mean there are so many things popping up on my mind.......begining with if it is a boy or a girl..........gosh!... i wish i could solve all these things with out thinking twice Very Happy
westiedog1
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:49 pm 
Post subject: i think im pregnant
hi

i have just done an early test and it came up positive, my period was due last wed and i am never late on top of that i have been suffering nausea, stomach cramps and dizzy spells! Confused

is this normal? i am sooooo bloated and uncomfortable but i am worried its to early to say, so i will take my second test tomorrow morning and call for a docs appt!

i would be really grateful if any1 can tell me if they felt like this at first as i have not told my family yet and am keen to talk to someone about it, as my hubby thinks im getting my hopes up too soon, as I only stopped my pill in september

thanks

Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:05 am 
Post subject:
hi there

yep - all sounds perfectly normal. I'm pretty sure you can't have a false positive test - so if your kit said positive, then you're pregnant (however hard it is to believe that!)

Try to remember the day you started your last period. That will give you a good indication of your development and due date - so for example if the 1st day of your last period was October 15th, you will be 5 weeks pregnant, with baby having developed for 3 weeks. Your due date would then be July 21st 2008 (40 weeks from October 15th).

Its entirely up to you when you tell people - lots of folk like to wait until 12 weeks as the risk of miscarriage goes down a lot at that point, but personally I was sooooo excited I told my entire family within an hour of finding out myself!!

The first trimester is VERY tiring, so even if you haven't told people that you're pregnant, get a little selfish and have plenty of early nights and extra naps - you'll need them!!

Good luck

Anna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular