First Pregnancy

samantha07
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:58 pm 
Post subject: Feel Good
Hey feel so good when i see all the posts here.. i feel as if i have group of friends who really care about each other
westiedog1
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:58 pm 
Post subject: am i pregnant
thanks for the advice devon mum its makes me feel so much better to know there are others out there feeling the same way i do!!

the start date of my last period was 17/10/07 so i must be due around the end of july if i am pregnant!!, i have been unable to get a docs appointment and have been advised to call back on thursday morning for an appointment that day, hopefully i will get one so its confirmed!! Surprised Confused

i did my second home test this morning i did not have to wait the 3 minutes and it was showing as pregnant.

what worries me still is the sore stomach it was sore all through the night and most of today, i am also off my food and suffering bouts of nausea, how long do you expect this to last? i have been feeling like this for about a week now, its not that fun Crying or Very sad

hee hee about telling people i think everyone is going to guess i am a bit of a party girl and already im trying to find excuses to turn down the party offers, nightmare with xmas coming up! i am happy to give them all up though, theres a good reason to stay at home now!! one i have been wishing for. for a wee while lol!!when would i expect to get my 12 week scan as im still a bit mixed up with the dates thing and at least i can give my friends a good excuse instead of the brush off

thanks for your help, sorry for the all the questions, its just all so confusing when its your first time

SmileSmileSmileSmile
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:37 am 
Post subject:
hiya - it will all become clear once you have your first appointment with your midwife Very Happy don't worry too much!

I had the same with the drinking thing - first time I said 'just a juice please' all my friends looked at me and went "are you pregnant?". So I ended up telling everyone really early lol.

Your 12 week scan will be early Jan I would guess, but you should probably see a midwife before then to get you started. 17th Oct would put you at about 5 weeks at the moment.

So exciting - enjoy every minute of it, and relax and put your feet up as much as possible!! Very Happy
westiedog1
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:04 am 
Post subject: getting excited
hi

thanks again for the great advice i am feeling excited now, i go through moments of worry and then sheer joy which is probably pretty natural!!

however i was not feeling so excited last night when i seemed to be suffering a tremendous bout of morning sickness, always seems to be at night for me lol

so definately not planning any nights out!!Smile

im thinking to myself that early jan is not too far to wait for scan now, myself and my hubby have read what stage the baby's development is from conception until 20 weeks so we are getting very excited lol

thanks again, any tips for the sickness though?SmileSmileSmileSmile
Halfpint
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:42 am 
Post subject: Hi There Guys.
I've just found out that I am preagnant possibly 4 weeks and 3 days. My partner couldn't take it in until i did the second test lol. But he is over the moon and excited he's already named the baby Peanut whist it's inside me lol. I couldn't believe it its a wonderful feeling. I'll let you guys know my due date soon.

Tiger
Danielle9
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:21 am 
Post subject: First Baby!!!!
Hi everyone!
My hsuband and i found out we are pregnant! yay!! We had a scan last week and now have called it "bob the blob" We are Australian on a working holiday visa, so this was quite UNEXPECTED! and i was on the Pill at the time so my husband is quite happy he thinks he has SUPER sperm!!!! We havnt told anyone from home yet as we want to wait unit our 12 week scan in January!!!! Very excited and cant wait!!! Although the morning sickness is quite bad and im VERY tired ALL THE TIME!!! and ive gotton so much bigger and feel like a fat blob!!!! i love it!!! plus my breasts are huge and very sore!!! This forum thing is great as i havnt told my family yet its nice to hear about pregnancy and what goes on with our bodies!!
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Westiedog1, im about the same time as you (now 8 weeks). Its nice to have someone to talk to who will be going through the stages at the same time you are. So feel free to pm me at anytime.

Hope you are well x
westiedog1
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:38 pm 
Post subject: hi Mikhaela
hey

this is the first time i have been on the net for days, i was away for a few days and went to a concert

yeah it is lovely to have someone to talk to and understands what you are going through

how are you feeling? i have my good days and bad, tiredness and sickness is pants, i was trying to do my xmas shopping this week i did not do to well lol

is this your first??
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:03 pm 
Post subject:
Yep this is my first. I havent had any sickness yet so touch wood i wont get it, i am really tired though and my trousers are too tight already. Thing is i dont want to go and buy some new ones already coz i wont fit in them in a month! Im uncomfortable though aghh!! udo you have a little bump yet??
westiedog1
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:07 pm 
Post subject: lol
i have this crazy thing where sometimes i cant my trousers on as my bump is huge and i look pregnant and then the next day my tummy is flatish again its weird but my tummy has a mind of its own lol

fingers crossed you dont get sickness, it really throws me lol

thank goodness for starbucks felt really crappy the other day but a caramel hot choc and a cake really sorted me out lol
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:09 pm 
Post subject:
mmm sounds nice, i might just have one of those anyway lol.

yeah i get that too sometimes in the morning and by lunch im big again, i duno, think its water retention, wateva that is.

Keep in touch x
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:51 am 
Post subject:
Hi everyone, I am about 12 weeks now, due 25th June. had first scan on Thursday. I had bloated tummy, especially in the evenings up til about week 10, it is now a proper little bump that doesn't disappear over night. So exciting! Not that anyone else can notice it, but me and my husband can definately tell! Regards morning sickness, I have every sympathy. I had it bad about weeks 7 - 10. Seems to have gone this week, and also have more energy, so all those a few weeks behind me, hang in there, it does get better, honest! Laughing

Hope everyone else is ok, who else is around 12 weeks like me? Get lost, as the dates between our posts are long, so someone I think is the same as me, I then find posted that about 3 weeks ago!!!!

Ok so baby brain has set in already!

Love LD
kiz8888
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:47 pm 
Post subject:
Hey, thought i'd join this site after being on the ttc forum for a while. I'm now 6 weeks pregnant today and full of endless worries!!! I can't seem to relax and worry that something's going to go wrong. I have been feeling the odd feeling of nausea but that's about it. No sore boobs, no needing to pee more, so basically i've worked myself into a panic that something is wrong.

Should I definitely be feeling more symptoms just now? Is it natural to feel so anxious? I just wish you didn't have to week 12 weeks for a scan. Sad

Can anyone offer me any advice?

Thanks
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
Try not to worry. I spent the first 12 weeks worrying, whether I had symptoms or not, it didn't help matters at all. The 12 week scan is fantastic, and will be here before you know it. I know it is easier said than done, but try to relax and enjoy things. I know it's difficult, and I certainly didn't manage to, but I also feel I spoilt the enjoyment of being first pregnant by worrying so much. Not everyone has all the symptoms, just think yourself lucky you're not throwing up all the time! Although I know that can also be reassuring in a funny kind of way!

Hope everything goes well for you, just try and enjoy it at the moment.

Love LD
kiz8888
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hi LD,

Thanks so much for your advice. You are of course right in everything you say. I should be so excited right now and instead i'm not allowing myself to be excited incase I'm disappointed if anything goes wrong. It's so stupid and i'm driving my husband crazy. He can't understand how I was initially worried about not being able to conceive and now that i've managed that I'm still worried!!! Embarassed

I will really try to relax and not worry about whether i do or don't feel sick (but secrectly be relieved when i do!!) Laughing

Thanks again, Kiz xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular