weaning

scooter1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:33 pm 
Post subject: weaning
how often should solids be giving during the day when starting weaning.?
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:41 am 
Post subject:
hi there, just start with once a day, when both of you are relaxed, normally in the middle of the day. A teaspoon to start with and your away!! Let them guide you with how much and after a few days, move onto 2 feeds a day. Remember their stomachs are only as big as their fists, so their not much room with milk in there too. After a week or 2 you will be suprised how much some little ones can eat!!! Very Happy have fun with it!!!
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:17 pm 
Post subject:
exactly as Huntermac says really Very Happy

if baby is a bit fussy about vegetables, introduce new and more complicated flavours early in the day as baby tends to be more receptive. Annabel Karmel's baby recipe book contains a meal planner for weaning, which we found really helpful. We're now on 5 feeds a day - 1, bottle; 2, porridge with apple puree and bottle; 3 pureed vegetable and bottle; 4 baby rice and bottle; 5 bottle. This means forst and last feeds are still just milk. Your health visitor should also invite you to a weaning talk and give you a booklet on weaning. They did that with us when Isaac was just over 4 months old - if you've not had it yet it may be worth ringing your HV.
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:23 pm 
Post subject: meal routine.
So hi everybody,i have a question...

I have a 7month old son and he is big for his age and has been eating solids since approx 3months old anyway,we were in a great routine

645 wake up-bottle 210ml
930-1030 sleep
1030-11ish cereal with fruit
12-2 sleep
2 wake up bottle 210ml
4-5 nap (if needed)
5 rice with veggies followed by petit filous
6-7 Bath bottle
7-730 Bed

but iv been reading that by 7 months babies should have 3 solid meals a day plus consume between 500-600ml milk per day

Please help as to how i should fit this in each day. If my baby is happy do i really need to change routine yet??

Confused mommy!!!!
Thanks
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:42 pm 
Post subject:
i started giving just breakfast then breakfats and dinner then all 3.

sounds like u r in a great routine with ur baby.

if wot ur doin at the moment suits ur baby then dont worry but if he is asking for more food then give him a dinner with his bottle after his midday sleep. or skip his bottle out and change to dinner. but if he is happy as he is then dont worry.

jenny291183
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:28 pm 
Post subject:
thank you...will carry on as usual then till i feel hes asking for more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular