ectopic and problems with other tube - need positive stuff??

bealra
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:55 am 
Post subject: ectopic and problems with other tube - need positive stuff??
I had an ectopic and an operation last wednesday 22nd! this has been the toughest thing I have had to face as we have been trying to conceive for 2 years. on top of the risks of another ectopic we have also had to deal with the fact that the other tube is damaged - annoys me bec i wish i knew how!!

we are on the waiting list for IVF but now I am really worried bec of the higher risks of another ectopic even with IVF.

has anyone got any positive outcomes for such a distressing scenario??

Confused
louloubellamozzarella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hello hon Very Happy Just wanted to say that you are not alone with your experience of an ectopic- there are a few of us on here who have been through this so we know your pain.

I personally have lost a tube and although the consultant told me my other tube appeared nomal, I still have a great fear of going through that again.

Just want to wish you luck with your IVF and hope it all turns out well for you. At least you will be monitored from the outset this way.

xxxx
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:06 pm 
Post subject:
Dear bealra, just wanted to say Im so sorry for what you have and are going through. I too have had an ectopic pg in March 08 at 6 wks. So understand how you are feeling. I wanted to say although I had had 2 children now aged 9 and 11 it came as a total shock and hard to understand why? Like Lou I also lost my tube and then carried on ttc for several months, nearly a year. I then had a HSG to check the condition of my remaining tube. I was told it was almost completely blocked and not to hold out much hope. The same month (Feb) I concieved naturally. It was a total shock and I am now just over 27 wks pg. So I wanted to share my story to let you know it is possible to concieve after an ectopic and even when told your only tube doesnt look good. Obviously I was worried at the start of this pg but must say the hospital watched my closely and scanned and monitored me lots.

Its a very difficult time for you Im sure but try and stay strong hun. Whether you go down the road of IVF or not I hope you get a healthy pg soon and I wish you happiness. Take care. Pupxx
bealra
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:35 am 
Post subject:
Thanks so much for your replies especially given the positive stuff about actually being able to conceive naturally and go on to have a healthy pregnancy - I am really pleased for you pup!

since my post i have had to have an injection of methotrexate to remove rest of pregnancy as the op didnt completely clear my tube. got to have a HSG in 3 months so fingers crossed i guess. i know one day it will happen and patience is a virtue just so frustrating and heartbreaking.

These forums are fantastic for keeping you sane knowing there are others like you out there. all my friends are now having babies all around me which on one hand is amazing and fantastic but it still really hurts.

thanks for the reply sunshine lou - fingers crossed for you xxx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:13 am 
Post subject:
Bealra,

sorry for the loss of your tube. Sad I too suffered an EP in April this year and lost my right tube. We are back TTC'ing now after a rollercoaster of emotions. Please take time to heal emotionally before you try again hun, its a really big thing to go through.
Not only have you lost your baby, you've lost your tube, and with it your hopes for your fertility.
Sad
With IVF the chances of EP are much lower, so if you go down this road, please dont worry too much - it would be quite rare. Smile And if it is a worry to you, ask them to remove your remaining tube.

I hope your IVF goes well. Good luck.

Julie xxx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular