Need to Stop!

foxycg1
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:24 pm 
Post subject: Need to Stop!
Today I booked a scan for a internal on the path to IVF!
I had to lose weight and stop smoking!!!!
Very Hard! I had to get my BMI down from 35 to 30! I have managed to get it down to 29!
But smoking has been really hard!
I have to quit now before my scan else they will turn me away!

Please help!!!!!!!

Claire x
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Claire

Congratulations on your weight loss that is fantastic !!

Maybe one way of keeping you off the cigarettes is to post on here every day that you succeed.....you can even PM me if you just need someone to 'help' by monitoring you.

I dont smoke so i dont know how difficult it must but i am the kind of person who is deterred by pictures of things so how about maybe finding a poster from a no smoking campaign ? there was one not so long ago that showed a baby and it looked as though the baby was exhaling the smoke (as though it had just smoked a cigarette!)

May just be worth a try to see if it can stop you from reaching for the pack but hopefully others will come along with many suggestions and offers of support

best of luck x
Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:11 am 
Post subject:
I quit smoking five years ago by goign to an Allan Carr clinic. I had tried reading teh book a few times, but it didn't work. But when I looked into teh clinics, I found that they came with a money-back guarantee, and if you started smoking again durign the first three months, they'd refund you.

I thought this was worth a go, so I booked in. It was about 175 then, but I think it is now about 225. It is the best money I have ever spent. I haven't smoked or wanted to smoke since. They call it The Easy Way to Stop Smoking, and it truly is very easy indeed.

I can thoroughly recommend this. If you Google Allan Carr's Easy Way, you will find the site with all the information.
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:18 pm 
Post subject:
Hello new friends,

I'm trying to stop smoking... just came off the pill after 17 years so you never know when i will concieve!
It's very hard at the moment. My partner smokes much more that me.....20 a day. I've got myself down to max 10 a day (I smoke more in the evening and managed not to have my first one till around 5.00pm!).
I think my biggest problem is my husband is a fire fighter so works long days and nights so I end up feeling very alone at night and the TV doesn't help!!
We have banned smoking in the house but still smoke in the conservatory, perhaps we need to take it outside!!!

I think I would like to try and stop by myself before forking out money that we could use on other stuff..... any advice????
Sez xxx
kenpomom
Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:54 pm 
Post subject:
Congrats on the the weight loss thats really impressive... with the whole smoking what i did to qit smoking when i found out i was pregant was .. everytime i wanted a cigaret i would think to myself.. do i want a healthy baby or do i want this cigaret...I went form smoking a pack a wk to only having one e very once and a while...
Shadowfax
Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:30 pm 
Post subject:
I'm also tryng to quit, the longest I've gone without cigs is 7 weeks, the last attempt it was 5 weeks. I can't use patches because I have now developed a horrid allergy to them (tried different brands and strengths, they all brought on dreadful contact excema), the gum gave me dizziness, headaches and nausea and the tiny lozenges worked until a really stressful day sent me straight back on them. I have now bought an "electric" cig from NuCig.com, a disposable version to start with instead of the more expensive chargable version. It emits actual smoke and lights up at the end, but it only contains nicotine and water vapour! It comes in different strengths, designs and flavours, I got medium strength (16mg) tobacco flavour....it tastes like a slightly nicer, floral-based cig. So far it's working quite well, on good days I can cut right down from around 10 lambert lights to just 1 a day. I would recommend it, but it is a bit "comedy." The disposable one is much bigger than a real cig or the chargable version. Time will tell, good luck ladies and gents. Wink Smile

Jump to:  

Community

Popular