August mummies!!!

mumtoastar
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:56 am 
Post subject:
I'm the same Sea, I had my lo in July but should have had him in August, can I still join on?
I'm breastfeeding, but the last feed of the night I'm giving him formula, he has a big sleep after that but normally it's 3hrs between feeds. Trying to figure out how to do a routine when I'm breastfeeding on demand, anybody got any tips?!?
Has anybodys oh gone back to work? Chris went back last Thursday, Arthur is great but it's hard work trying to do the housework and having lack of sleep - I can't sleep in the day when it's just me and Arthur the bags are getting dark!

Donc17
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Aug Mummies.

Glad there are a few of us now.

Katie how did it go at the midwife is Ava jaundice? Dont think its your fault honey lots of babies are born jaundice she will be perfectly healthy and will get over her jaundice in no time at all.

Caitlin is doing much better now. It really is true when they say it gets easier isnt it. She is taking 3-4 oz every 3-4 hours but mostly managing 4oz every 4 hours. So we are getting some more sleep.

Charlene Caitlin had a few days in her first week where she was constipated that was a tough few days and nights I had my baby blues wobble then. I felt like I just couldnt do it so my OH sent me off to bed to sleep for a night and it all seemed better by the morning.

My mum comes a week today and I really cannot wait I know now that I am going to cry so hard when I see her because I miss her so much and especially now, I well up even thinking about it. I can't wait for Caitlin to meet her Granny. I keep thinking that I hope I have a close bond with her like I do with my mum.

xxx
Charlenem1987
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:49 pm 
Post subject:
Im so glad other ppl feel the same, because hes had a couple of bad nights I just felt I couldnt cope anymore, but had a good bubble with OH and feeling better!

xx
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:12 pm 
Post subject:
Everything went fine at the hospital. She did think that she has a touch of Jaundice but as she saw what was in her nappy she was very happy with that! She has barely lost any weight either which they are happy about. The doctor was pleased with his checks so I am happier now.
Does anyone else just feel like they could burst with love for their little ones?

Donc17
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:47 pm 
Post subject:
Midwives had warned Ross about the baby blues so thankfully he knew to expect it.

Katie yes I still find myself just staring at her you really dont understand how much you can love someone untill the little bundles arrive do you

xxx
Nikki77
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone. I think the baby blues started 4 me last night. I cried 4 ages. Im breastfeeding and felt i was not satisfying Thomas and got myself really worked up about it. Quite a few times today Ive felt like i want 2 cry over nothing but Ive controlled it. The fact my oh went back 2 work today might have had something 2 do with it. Also my 2 older boys r still on half term and r getting bored so been testing my patience! X
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:03 pm 
Post subject:
Awwh nikki hun... I hope you feel better soon. Its just horrible not having a reason for feeling blue apart from knowing its just hormones from having bubs...

xxx
youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:15 am 
Post subject:
green dont worry ava has jaundice too, docter and hospital told me it would last about a week and peak around day 5 and then fade, dont worry hun its common.

ava's taking 3 4 ounce every 3 t 4 hrs too, but at night i give her a big feed around 10 and she doesnt wake lol i have to wake her about 2 or half past for another feed, which then sends her off till 6 7 in monring, she was hard work at first but it now ok.

im bottle feeding and finding shes bein sick after her feed, is ne one else in same postion cos i dont know how long to burp for etc etc.

hope all babies are well =] xxx
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:28 am 
Post subject:
hey girlies hope everyone is doing well.

I think alot of us have struggled a bit. I know i have and when OH has been doing his night work ive been staying at mums because i get in a tizz when she cries and breakdown.

I tried teagan on the hungry milk and it made no difference. She drunk it quicker then her normal milk but was still only sleeping 2.5-3hours.

Teags weird though, she will sometimes have a 5/6oz bottle and other times she will have 1/2oz. Her normal feed is about 4oz though. Got myself a little piggy i think lol

x

youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:44 am 
Post subject:
ava does that harris, especialy at night shel have her 4oz at bedtime n then her middle of night feed she hardley has ne! weirddd, midwifes just bin and avas now 8ound 1 she was 8 pound 6 but midwife ses this is normal thnk god!

ppl hu r bottle feeding r u makin one at a time? if not where you storing them?

xx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:54 am 
Post subject:
hump - I am finding Ava is being a bit sicky after her feeds but I just try to make her burp at least once or twice before I put her down.

Anyone else have stitches? I have some really bad bruising on one side and the midwife just came to check and said it's nearly the worst she has seen Shocked Shocked It 's very very painful and even started to bleed today Sad i don't know what to do to help it? She just said to lie down as often as I can and not to sit down! How am I meant to manage that?

Donc17
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:37 am 
Post subject:
Hello ladies...

Harris I think we are definately had some tough times here too. OH had to send me to bed one night as I was just getting a bit frustrated and then felt bad for feeling frustrated and had to fight back the tears. Its getting so much easier as the days go on now and Caitlin is getting alot better feeding and sleeping.

hump - Caitlin is sick after feeds aswell sometimes just a dribble sometimes looks like the whole bottle.. my mw said its normal and if its a big sick top them up witha bit more if needs be. Also we are steralising all our bottles and putting in the cooled boiled water in the morning and then just adding the formula when we are ready to feed.

Katie I had stiches but was only a second degree and not bad (although had a very big pile after pushing). I found the swelling went down after a week I was able to sit down again. Do you have one of those round pile cushions? I think you can buy them in the chemist it might make it a bit easier. Also arnica tablets are meant to be good to help with bruising.

xxx
Charlenem1987
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:53 pm 
Post subject:
I cried because we had been over at my mums and he was good as gold all day and then we get home and he was irritable and crying all the time and I couldnt find anything wrong and couldnt console him, felt useless. The joys lol!!

Anyway, Layton is just a total muncher lol hes up 4/5 oz bottles on the hungrier milk and is going three four hours, i find he can be quite sicky too but he winds well so think its quite normal.

Was discharged from midwife today as he has regained his birth weight and cord is off, anyone had HV yet?? are they scary??

xx
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:25 pm 
Post subject:
I had HV come last thursday. Mine wasnt scary basically just like your MW there for any questions. I actually really liked ours she took lots of information of local mum and baby groups and things like that. Also answered all our questions with regards to caitlin like her skin was very dry so she suggested to put on extra virgin olive oil and its made her skin soo much better.

Are any of your using anything other than water on them? I cant wait to use some baby bath lol i looove the smell of it

xxx
RJ09
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:34 pm 
Post subject:
hello all - hope everyone is doing really well and their little bubba's are thriving!!!!!

Lewis is doing well but has had a bout of diahorria for the past day bless him. took him to dr today and they want to see him again tomorrow - they think its prob the meds i've been on to soften my stools cos of my tear so hopefully that's al it is - my poor little man! Crying or Very sad

anyone else had this when breastfeeding??

how much sleep is everyone getting>> xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2009 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 138, 139, 140  Next
Page 2 of 140

Jump to:  

Community

Popular