August mummies!!!

Nikki77
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:37 pm 
Post subject:
I had hv come round yesterday. Mine is ok, Ive known her nearly 7 yrs as she was the hv when i had my middle son! Another hv is coming out nxt tues 2 weigh Thomas then after that ill take him 2 clinic 2 get weighed. She thought with it being half term and having the 2 older boys around it would be easier 4 them 2 come 2 me. Good news is Ive not cried today! Its silly really cos im so happy and so in love with Thomas i feel stupid 4 crying x
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
I've had the same RJ09 I had problems going to the loo and got some sachets from the docs and Arthur had the run's abit but not too bad. He seems to do a lot of farts but I think that due to something that i'm eating that affecting him, so now I'm trying to find out what! The sleepless nights are starting to catch up with me now my oh is back at work, it's hard doing housework and looking after a baby!
Nicki I think you do amazing, I cry and it's just me looking after Arthur, you've got 2 older boys and a baby I take my hat off to you, you're doing amazing. x

Donc17
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
Well Oh took Caitlin out for the first time today. They went for a walk to the shops for some daddy daughter time. OMG i lfelt like I had lost a limb and they were only gone an hour. Has anyone thought about having a night away with their OH? I think me and oh are gonna go out for dinner when my mum is here as I dont think I could leave her with anyone else for the first time other than her so think we are gonna go to the cinema or something we will probs be back before she is up for her next feed lol.

She is doing well today, got her hearing test tomorrow morning

Nicki I have to agree you are doing fab having 2 boys and a baby!!!

xxx
Green82
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:11 am 
Post subject:
Morning Ladies, well the bruising is much better today but it's really stinging!
Hopefully will get better soon. Dawn I am taking the Arnica tablets.

How often are your babies doing dirty nappies? She hasn't done one since yesterday morning and she is farting loads! She was pretty windy yesterday. Is anyone using anything for wind yet?

Donc17
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Katie...

Caitlin didnt was a bit constipated for a few days and was very windy and had a sore tummy for a few days. We just gave her some cooled boiled water in between feeds and that got things moving although the midwife just told us its because its the first time their bowels really have to work so it takes time to get it all moving. Also using Infacol for wind and it really helps her bring up burps aswell as helps with trapped wind too

xxx
Green82
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:44 pm 
Post subject:
Dawn, I have some infacoil but haven't checked when it can be used from? Some people have told me it's not that great?
Saw midwife today and she said to just add some more water to her milk to see if that helps so I will try that first.

xxxx

Donc17
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:14 pm 
Post subject:
Its safe to use from birth hun and I have found it really does work for Caitlin. Hope Ava starts to poop soon for you lol.

I think my body must be adjusting to running on less sleep as I feel really energised today so I am making the most of it and doing some housework.

Has anyone been brave enough to weigh themselves?

Most importantly how are all the lovely bubs?

xxx
youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:38 pm 
Post subject:
omg me and oh had a terrible night last night, ava wouldnt settle, we ended up having chris's mum over to sleep so we cud sleep, we foned emergency docs and he said it sounds like colic, so weve bought some infacol, im hoping this settles her, shes also constiptaed and hasnt pooed since yeasterday, but midwife this can be normal, other wise shes doing fine, hows everyones little ones sleeping at night???ohh and my section wound has slightly opend on one bit =[ so docs here i come!! i havent weighed my self dawn, i darent lol ! can fit in my normal jeans tho =] omg my milk came through the other day at hospital lmao i nearly died was wearing a grey t shirt too Embarassed ne way boobs seem to have shrunk now =[ smaller then they were!!! whats that about???!!!

xx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
Dawn, I just checked the infacol and yeh it does say from birth - I just hadn't read it yet!
How do you give it to her? In her feed or just before her feed? She has pooped a couple of times but not much in them.
She keeps peeing all over the changing mat as soon as I take her nappy off lol

I weighed myself the day I came home , day 3 and had lost about a stone. Still have loads to lose though - about 2 stone yet!!! God that is frightening Shocked

My milk started coming in a day or two ago and OMG how big can they get? They are so huge and hard. They better go down soon.

Also anyone else still getting some swelling in their feet? Mine went right down while in Hospital but they are swollen again since I have come home.

How is everyone's tummies? Mine has gone down quite a bit but it's still wobbly.

Gave Ava her first bath at home tonight and she didn't even cry!

xxxxxxx

Donc17
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:39 pm 
Post subject:
I give it just before her feed and she absolutely loves it OH says it tastes like oranges lol.

Hahaha Caitlin does the same she pees as soon as the nappy is off.... we just leave her to kick for 5 mins before the nappy comes off so we catch it. She projectile pooped on me the other day it was everywhere was a proper squirt lol!!

Ooh you are brave Katie... I dont have scales in the house or I would have jumped on them. Going for a walk into town tomorrow so might go to boots and jump on their scales.

Yup tum has gone right down. Its still a little bit wobbly but its all gone back into place quite quickly... can actually feel my tummy muscles if I tense lol

xxx
youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:31 am 
Post subject:
does ne one elses baby dream??? lol sometimes when avas asleep she starts winging and crying lol shes like a dog! its really strange

and yeh everytime i take her nappy off she wees lol amount of times ive had to change her clothes lmao! loev it tho =]

and she loves infacol! im defo stocking up on this stuff cos it seems to of sorted out her wind problem!

hope u girlies are ok and babies =]

xx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:02 pm 
Post subject:
Anyone have any suggestions for dry hands? Just noticed Ava's hands are a bit dry and cracked. Her feet was the same but I put some olive oil on them and they are fine. Don't want to put olive oil on her hands as she always has them in her mouth!

Anyone else use scratch mitts? I haven't needed to yet but just noticed a couple of scratches on her face.

xx

youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
we have never used scratch mits either, shes only ever scratched her face once!

i noticed very same thing today with her hands, i dont kno what you could use green

xx
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:41 pm 
Post subject:
I use scratch mitts all the time, or babygrow that you turn the cuff over to cover there hands I use aqueous cream for his dry skin, I normally put it on his hands and then put his mitts on him.

Donc17
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:24 pm 
Post subject:
Afternoon Ladies and babies.

We use scratch mits because Caitlin claws at her face if not. Need to cut her finger nails but waiting untill she is properly out of the count before I attempt it. Also we are sing extra virgin olive oil on her skin as its been really very dry and flakey almost peeling on her wrists and ankles. Its great really cleared it up. We put it on her once a day it soaks right in and she loves having it rubbed in we take our time as it soothes her before bed.

We went to go and open Caitlin's bank account today, got an appt to do it tomorrow as she has more money than us in cheques from family lol.

Also I am going to get my hair done tomorrow. OH is treating me as I am really ready to feel like me again and a haircut will do that just perfectly

xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2009 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 138, 139, 140  Next
Page 3 of 140

Jump to:  

Community

Popular