help needed?????

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:26 pm 
Post subject: help needed?????
hi all,

my daughter is now 6 days old, she will not sleep unless it is on my chest, i have tried putting her in her moses basket when she is half asleep, and she will just wake up crying, i am breast feeding her, how do i get her to sleep in the moses basket, she does not like it when i put her on her back,

fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:32 am 
Post subject:
Hi, is this day and night? Must be very tiring. If its only that your concerned about the future and getting in to bad habits, then I wouldnt worry and go with it. At this age they need the cuddles and security. Maybe try gradually changing her to a position on her back whilst still lying on you, so she gets used to it. I do know babies who have slept on their fronts from day one as they wont sleep on their backs. It just depends on whether you would be comfortable with that. You might get less sleep that way cos of worry!

Sorry not much help, just wanted to reply!
Miriam84
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:16 am 
Post subject:
Caelan was a bit like that the first few weeks, it's gotten a lot better now. It's early days, and if it's your first you could just go with the flow and it will probably get better over time. I didn't have that luxery with a toddler about unfortunately.

Caelan does prefer sleeping on his stomach, he goes to sleep much easier that way. I usually don't let him but if he gets really overtired I do, and he sleeps for hours. It could be worth a try? When I was a baby they were telling my mum (in The Netherlands) that babies should sleep on their stomach to prevent choking, so I did from day one, so did my brother. We were both fine so I figure that the risk is not that high...
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:38 am 
Post subject:
I know exactly what you're going through. Noah slept only on my chest until he was nearly 3 months old. He suffered from reflux which meant lying him on his back caused him great discomfort as the acid would rise up and burn his throat. He was also sick 30 - 40 times a day, but not all babies with relfux are sick.

What caused him to sleep better was lying on his side (left side works best). Eventually, by the time he was 4-5 months old he became a tummy sleeper and still is to this day. I know all the advice tells you to sleep them on their back, but to give me extra peace of mind I bought a tommee-tippee under the mattress sensor. It detects breathing and if no movement is felt for 20 seconds an alarm goes off. It really does help to assure you that baby is ok.

Having them sleep on your chest is exhausting (not to mention unsafe) but sometimes desperation makes you do it. Try sleeping your little one on her side (buy a sleep positioner to stop her rolling over if you're worried) or try her on her tummy. I, like you, was desperately worried of causing bad sleeping habits, but by the time Noah was 5-6 months old he was self-settling to sleep, in his cot, and going through the night - so there is an end in sight!! Good luck xx

Vix101
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:31 pm 
Post subject:
I'd just like to say I had this problem for two days when I came out of hospital (he was 2 days old) and eventually we figured out (with the midwife's help) that he was just hungry. I was up all night for two nights, had literally about 15 minutes sleep so I know exactly how you feel. I think maybe that colostrum is just not enough for them to feel full. I can't say if this is your problem as I don't know how your feeding is going. I hope it gets better for you, I know how hard it is.
jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
we rolled up bumpers in our moses to make evelyn feel like she was being held you can buy them but a towel or blanket works fine. we also warmed the sheets a little with a hot water bottle so it wasnt cold when we pout her down.

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
thanks,

i have tryed all that and she knows when i put her down, she cries, i am going to keep trying i am not one to give up, she is 8 days old now, and it only feels like yesturday that i gave birth to her, time flys

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular