Thrush Again :o(

ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:03 am 
Post subject: Thrush Again :o(
Sorry for the yucky subject .... but need sum help!

Since having my son iv had thrush 6times! Id had it twice, yrs before, but since having him it keeps re occuring and its really starting to get me down Sad

Iv been to the doctors everytime its come bk and they prescribe me a tablet to take and it goes about 3 days later and comes bk within 2 wks of clearing! It flares up every time my period is due and in between periods! Doctors hav also dun various swabs and it just comes bk as positive 4 thrush!

Im so fed up .... Last nite I was crying cos it was hurting so much and my bf just laughs! Grrrr, if he had the same prob on his bits he'd be crying too!!

Had any1 had the same problem?! Any tips how I can keep it at bay or help get rid! ( Baring in mind i have tried just about everything!!! )

Embarassed Embarassed Crying or Very sad
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:10 am 
Post subject:
hi me and my daughter both suffer my daughter is only 4 and she gets it at least every few months i have been giving her half a pint of cranberry juice its nice if you put a little drop of fresh lemon into it or water it down but try drinking it every day hope this can help.
ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:18 am 
Post subject:
Hi Vicky

Its awful isnt it.... really gets me down! Ur poor daughter, getting it at only 4 yrs old!

I drink cramberry juice everyday!! I buy stacks of the stuff lol!

Doctors also told me that its hormones that cause it and that I havnt got enough good bacteria to fight it off, so I started buying Those activia yogurts, but stilll getting it

x
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:22 am 
Post subject:
hi

i dont no what else to say thats all i give me and my daughter but the doctors did give her bath stuff and cream and that helps her,
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:03 am 
Post subject:
hey Charlie - I've had it for years too, I get a cream called Daktacort, which is a steroid cream, from the doc - it relieves the itching massively, and takes down the redness loads. Also helps in getting rid of the thrush a bit quicker.
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:46 am 
Post subject:
I was prescribed a steroid based cream but to be honest, I dont find it does much!
Its still not clearing up and I took the tablet from doctors Tuesday ....... so fed up and un comfortable!! Its waking me up in the night tooo cos its so bloody painful!!!!!

Sad
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:00 am 
Post subject:
God I know where you are coming from, reading your first post was like writing it myself!!! Rarely had it before I had Hunter but now it just wont go away, no matter what!! Just before period like you say. The pain is just insane!!! Havent we been through enough lately without this Confused
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:03 am 
Post subject:
I no.... Tell me about it! I was ranting and raving to my mum about it all yesterday! we hav 2 hav periods, child birth, THRUSH ( worst thing ever! ) and what do men do..... NOTHING! lol!

No it really is awful, Im gonna to hav 2 do a little research and try and control it by diet!

xx
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:11 am 
Post subject:
Natural yoghurt on a pad gives instant relief but if you come across a sure fire way of controling it.............PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:48 am 
Post subject:
yeah i've been told dipping a tapon in pure natural yoghurt and putting it in works well but i've never been brave enough to try! I get thrush lots not sure why but i do drink a lot of cranberry juice because all the ladies in my family seem to get urinary tract infections all the time which sucks! My mw said i'll prob geta lot of thrush and things during my pregnancy if i'm prone to them anyway!

I also find that the canestan cream really works and the pessary thingy although it is a bit gross!

hope this helps, your poor little girl thats no fun having it at 4!

xxx

vampalicious
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:27 am 
Post subject:
To be honest the yogurt dosnt help, its nice and cool at first but it makes you feel wet and uncomfortable! (sorry!!)
Im afraid i cant help with this one, ive only had thrush 3 times, the first time i was pregnant and my lady bits swelled up 3 times their size! i had to walk like john wayne for 3 days it was so awful!
I think some people are just suspectable to thrush unfortunatley it looks like your one of them Sad
try not to use soap/bath foam that will irritate it, and dont scratch it lol ( easier said than done!!)
Why is is men neve have to put up with these problems, when they have thruh they wouldnt even know it half the time!

Chloe Jade 12
Holly May 9
Lacey angel 3
ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:43 am 
Post subject:
Fingers crossed, it feels slightly better 2day.
My doctor mentioned to me that Diabetics are very prone to thrush? Does anyone no if this is correct (although im sure it must be if doctor told me lol )
I mite just be going trough a bad patch at the mo, feel really tired and run down lately
x
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:48 am 
Post subject:
hi, yes your doctor is right!

Diabetes

Women with diabetes are more likely to get thrush than are women who do not have diabetes. This is because diabetes increases blood sugar levels, which may, in turn, increase the sugar in vaginal secretions. Diabetic women also tend to have high sugar levels in their urine, and this may contribute to thrush by feeding yeast in the genital area just outside of the vagina.

( my 12 year old has just been diagnosed with diabetes type 1 ( she has cystic fibrosis too so its CF related diabetes!)

Chloe Jade 12
Holly May 9
Lacey angel 3
ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:00 am 
Post subject:
When i was pregnant the midwive wanted me 2 hav a gluten test ( would this be for diabetes?) However, I never ended up having it as I then got a kidney infection and felt too ill, as it went on for 3 weeks!

I wonder if I should ask my doctor about sending me for a blood test? Is this how ur daughter was diagnosed of having it?

x
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 am 
Post subject:
my daughter sis a glugose test, she had to fast for 12 hours then have blood taken, then drink some flat lucozade, then 2 hours have another blood testk, the results showed alot of blood in her sugar, she on insulin injections now Sad

Chloe Jade 12
Holly May 9
Lacey angel 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular