How long should i wait to do another pregancy test

fiona83
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:40 pm 
Post subject: How long should i wait to do another pregancy test
Hi everyone,

My period is 6 days late, i have tested twice both been neagtive (tesco own brand) one on the first day and one today.

How long should i wait before taking another? and is they any brand you may recommend.

My periods are usally on time, i have a constant dull pain in my lower back and sore breasts.

I dont no weather i am or not, dont no if im just become obsessed with the fact i could be and i aint could this delay my period and give of signs such as sore breasts.

Thank you for reading and a look forward to your responses.

Regards
Fiona
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:34 pm 
Post subject:
use clearblue digital. They are so much better than own brand makes.

good luck xx
Holly1802
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:27 am 
Post subject: Am I Pregnant?
Hi,

I had a miscarriage six weeks ago and I still haven't had a period.
I took a clear blue test and I saw a very very faint blue line going upwards. I'm not actually sure whether or not if it as there as you had to really squint at it to reveal it.
I am showing all of the first signs of pregnancy, eg. dizzy spells, nausea, tender breasts, tiredness etc.

I keep on taking tests and they say the same. I even took a Clear blue digital and it said "I'm not Pregnant!" Does this mean I'm not or is it just too early to tell.
Should I wait until my next period in 2 weeks time to take another test?

Thanks for listening and I will look forward to hear your responses!

Kind Regards
Holly
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:24 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry to hear about your recent miscarrige x

I know its hard but id try and wait another couple of weeks before doing another test, do one when your next period is due holly.

Then ul know a definate answer

Good luck xx
KaylaEmsley
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:50 pm 
Post subject:
my advice is that if you want a clear yes or no buy a clear blue digital then youll have a definate answer! with out have to wait i was only 3 weeks gone and it told me i was pregnant!

kayla x
Holly1802
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:42 pm 
Post subject: Thanks
Hi everyone!

Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it!!
I will do another test in a few weeks time and see what happens then.

Regards
Holly x
Holly1802
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:53 pm 
Post subject: Replying to Kayla
Hi,

I already have tried a clear blue digital test and it said that I wasn't pregnant.
Does this mean that I'm not or that I'm just too early to tell.
I try another test in a couple of weeks when I'm due next.

Kind Regards
Holly x
KaylaEmsley
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:27 pm 
Post subject:
hi ive bin told after three pregnancys, (i only have one baby 12 weeks) with very faint lines that

If a test show a positive you are and they are very very rarely wrong pregnant no bout about it!

But if u get a negitive it doesnt always mean no you could just be very early and its not showing yet,

with two miscarriges behing me, i have been tested every two day as thats when the pregnancy hormone doubles so try again in a couple of days you might be very suprised

let me no how you get on

allthe best kayla x
Holly1802
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:54 pm 
Post subject: Thank you!
Thanks Kayla,

You've made me feel 100% better!
I'll let you know how I get on!

Holly x
zandersmum
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:03 am 
Post subject: Re: Am I Pregnant?
hi you might not of had a misscarriage a friend of mine was pregnant and bleed at 8 weeks the doctors told her she a had a misscarriage but at 10 weeks theyrealised she was still pregnant so there is hope if there is a faint line showing up on tne test then that normally means u are pregnant no matter how faint igt is if its there ur pregnant try going to the doctors to get a blood test thaT WILL BE ACCURATE
good luck

Holly1802 wrote:
Hi,

I had a miscarriage six weeks ago and I still haven't had a period.
I took a clear blue test and I saw a very very faint blue line going upwards. I'm not actually sure whether or not if it as there as you had to really squint at it to reveal it.
I am showing all of the first signs of pregnancy, eg. dizzy spells, nausea, tender breasts, tiredness etc.

I keep on taking tests and they say the same. I even took a Clear blue digital and it said "I'm not Pregnant!" Does this mean I'm not or is it just too early to tell.
Should I wait until my next period in 2 weeks time to take another test?

Thanks for listening and I will look forward to hear your responses!

Kind Regards
Holly
Holly1802
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:25 am 
Post subject: Thank you!
Hi,

Just letting you know that I took a pregnancy test last night and the line was much more noticable. So I am now thinking that I am pregnant.
However when I had my miscarriage I had a pregnancy test beforehand and it said that I was pregnant, after the miscarriage the test was negative.
I'm not sure whether this pregnancy is from my last pregnancy but the possibility is still there.
Thank you for telling me about your friend as it has made me feel better about my miscarriage as I can't help think that it was somehow my fault, even though I may not have done anything.

Thank you!
Regards
Holly x
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Holly

it's unlikely to be remains of hormones from the last pregnancy - more likely to be another real one.

Next step should be to get down to your GP's for blood tests and find out for sure. Sounds hopeful though! Hope it works out Very Happy

Anna
Holly1802
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:04 pm 
Post subject: Reply to DevonMum
Hi,

Just letting you know that I have just been to the doctors as I started bleeding again yesterday.
I thought that this was another miscarriage however my doctor thinks that I haven't had a miscarriage and I am pregnant from my last (first) pregnancy so I'm further gone than I thought I was!
I'm going for a scan tomorrow so I can see whether it is still there or if I have miscarried.

Thought I'd let you know
Holly x
KaylaEmsley
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
let us no how you get on, as soon as youve got the time.

GOOG LUCK and ALL THE BEST!!! Very Happy
Holly1802
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:54 pm 
Post subject: Kayla
Hi,

Bad news I'm afraid!! The scan didn't show anything and so they think that I have had a miscarriage. However they have given me a blood test to look at the hormones in it because they think that I am experiencing an early pregnancy so hopefully something is still there, but not guaranteed!!
How are you getting on??
Please reply
Holly xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular