Trying after a vasectomy reversal

sharonkelly
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:57 pm 
Post subject: Trying after a vasectomy reversal
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and forum - and to trying for a baby! My partner has been married before and has a daughter. He had a vasectomy after his then-wife was advised not to have any more pregnancies due to health reasons.
It has taken us 2 years to save up the 2500 needed to have his vasectomy reversed and we won't know if it's actually worked until after Christmas. But, 6 weeks after the operation and we can start trying. It's an awful feeling trying for a baby when you don't even know if getting pregnant is possible. But we're keeping our hopes up. Nevertheless I'm teary and moody already - probably from all the stress but if I'm bad now what am I going to be like when I'm actually pregnant?!
I could really do with a boost - does anyone there have stories about post-vasectomy pregnancies? Or is anyone else in a similar position - let's have a moan together!
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:47 am 
Post subject:
Hi Sharon

welcome!! sounds like an odd situation for you and your chap! I don't have any experience of post-vasectomy tries I'm afraid, but wish you luck with it.

It really helps to not put too much pressure on yourself (or him) as much as possible, so although its hard do try to stay calm and just remember to enjoy the trying stage! you'll iss it soon enough when you do get pregnant Very Happy

Anna
faceyface
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:52 pm 
Post subject: vasectomy reversal
hi my parner had his reversal in aug 07 it was 5 yrs after original op,his semen analasysis came back very good so were optimistic,im 38 and he is 39 and althogh we have 5 children between us we would dearly love a baby of our own. I saw a fortune teller 2 months before he had the op who said i would be pregnant by april and that was before we had made our minds up about the reversal so fingers crossed. I hope it all works out for you to at least the trying is fun!![/b]
Brody
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there. My partner had his vasectomy reversal last October. 10 years after his original op. The doctor had told us that there would be a very good chance that there would be sperm in the ejaculation but it is the quality of those sperm that might not be so good ie slow moving and not swimming straight.

Anyway the operation was a success in the fact that 6 weeks after the op his sperm count was 6 million per 1 ml (normal sample has 20 million per 1 ml) and the quality was quite good, the quality should increase over a bit more time.

So for us a great result.

This month my period is now 6 days late, I did do a pregnancy test after 3 days and it came back negative, however if I haven't come on by the weekend I will do another test just to make sure. I am never usually later so it is a bit strange.

On another note my partners brother also had a vas reversal 10 years after his op and he has just fathered him 3rd child.

If it doesn't work there is always IVF to try and my boyfriend is extremely happy that he will not have to have a needle injected into his scrotum to obtain the sperm.

Good luck and its not worth worrying about, if its going to happen its going to happen!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular