im 17 and want a baby, who here has had a baby at 17??

JoJe
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:58 pm 
Post subject: im 17 and want a baby, who here has had a baby at 17??
anyone one askbaby.com had a baby at 17/18!. i want a baby at this age but im jus not sure if its the right time. i just wonder what my parents would say or do!.?
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:06 pm 
Post subject:
me and my bf started trying for a baby wen we were 17. feel pregnant wen i was 18.

we both wudnt change ti for the world but u miss out on a lot fo thigns and it is hard work and puts a big big big big strain on ur relationship.

we certainly wud of had an easier realtionship if we had waited.

but were now expecting our 2nd and hav just celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary.

JoJe
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:43 pm 
Post subject: .
That good to hear, what did you parents say? were they upset or anything and is it scary!
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:47 pm 
Post subject:
my mam was shocked but she asked if we were both happy and i sed yes and she sed thats all that matters and made sure i booked in to see the midwife. my mam was there at the birth as well as my now husband.

yer it is scary ur life changes dramtically no more going on clubbing with mates i really only see my mates once in a blue moon now. but i have my best friend my husband.

JoJe
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:52 pm 
Post subject: ..
thats good to hear both of you are getting along. thats with me i love my boyfriend alot.. he said if i do get pregnant by mistake i shuld keep it because we both do not agree with abortion i tink its very wrong. we both wuldnt mind havin a baby but we gonna wait until the end of this year or next. was ur pregnancy happy accident or you was trying for one?x
Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Joje,

Are you in a steady relationship and would your partner be happy for you to try? I have to be honest and say I personally wouldnt have been ready for a baby at that age and while I know lots of girls are absolutely fantastic mums at such a young age it is an awful lot of pressure you would be putting on yourself (and possibly your family). Can you financially afford a baby? Also, if you want a totally honest opinion, the fact that you are worrying about what your parents will think could possibly indicate that you are not dependant enough to think of trying for a baby.

I hope you dont take offence by any of this, they are just my thoughts and lots of other ladies may well have different opinions.

Best of luck with your plans but please make informed decisions and maybe seek advice from YPAS or Brook??

Take care x
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:58 pm 
Post subject: ....
Thanks for the reply. much pperciated.. nah my parents are kind of strict so im not too sure of how they are gonna tke it. but me and my boyfriend has been together for 3 years and we are in a steady relationship so evereything shuldb alright i tink im gnna ait until im 18-19 that way we can support the baby more. and have a good job and have more money comin in to support the child aswel. do you get where im cummin from? i do understand that there wuld b pressure onto me. but i guess that happens to anyone at any age. get bk to me. x
Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:04 pm 
Post subject:
Waiting a little longer and making definite plans sounds like a great plan! Will also help you prove to your parents that you are both serious.

lots of luck.....dont foget to make sure you have lots of fun with days/nights out and holidays before you start the practising for a baby lol
Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:55 pm 
Post subject: ..
LOOLL. thanks for the reply, i will do ill have fun. i jus got bk from church and den later on im jus gnna stay home and my boyfriend might come over. how old were u when u had ur first child?
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:13 pm 
Post subject:
yer sounds like a gd plan make sure ur stable in ur relationship and financially and then the decision is yours youll no wether u can both give a child what it needs.

JoJe
Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:15 pm 
Post subject: Hello
thanks for that. ill jus wait until 18-19 or maybe 20. whiles im here i jus wann find more information and more info about giving birth how it feels etc. how are you?
Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:09 pm 
Post subject: Re: ..
JoJe wrote:
LOOLL. thanks for the reply, i will do ill have fun. i jus got bk from church and den later on im jus gnna stay home and my boyfriend might come over. how old were u when u had ur first child?

We havent had our first child yet (and im 38 so prob as old as your mum...right??). We are trying now.....a lot tho lol.

Hopefully any time now you will see me telling the world ive had a positive test. I chose to wait cos i loved going out having girls nites out, having a nice car, going on holidays, coming home and booking another one right away....and then when i met my husband we just decided to wait til after we got married and we had saved enough money. Now we are ready....but a lot older than u hun ......you may well become one of the many successful young mums and i hope you and your boyfriend get all you want out of life together x
Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:12 pm 
Post subject: thanks!
Thanks alot for getting back at me. thats nice. i give you the best in your future with ur new born and good luck!. aww thats good. ur married then i guess ur totally reaady!. having a new car and going out its fun. im jus ready to tke my theory actually, i love cars especially the civic honda i jus find that very attrative LOOL. what car you got now?
Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:37 pm 
Post subject:
we just ordered a new benz....never had a new car before but since we seem to be taking a little longer than planned having a baby, we have managed to save a bit more money! (the plus side to getting a few negative tests eh! lol) ...but had to get a sensible one...with 4 doors so we can hopefully fit a baby seat in and had to be able to fit a pram in the boot too!

good luck with your theory and then your driving test - you sound like your doing well if you already at that stage x
Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:41 pm 
Post subject: LOL
nice nice. what plate is it 09 ?! yeah im doing well actually thanks for that. aww. thats good thinkin bout the baby and the car. i love 3 doors i hate four doors i would jus love to push my chair forward and place the baby carrier at the back LOOL. when you do a positive test please tell me.. good luck Hun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Younger Parents All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular