New to IVF

NoddysWorld
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:30 am 
Post subject: New to IVF
Hi ladies,

I've been on the ttc board for a LIFE TIME.......

About a month ago we were referred to IVF My OH has a low sperm count and the buggers don't move as fast as they should.

So, fast forward about a month. Today we had our bloods taken Very Happy
We now have to wait a week before we get the results. And then wait..... for what I am not quite sure as the nurse didn't know Confused she just said ring up for the results in a weeks time.

Anyone know what should we do next please?
sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am 
Post subject:
hey hun we are 13weeks pregnant from ivf ......

after you have had your resluts you should (depends on clinic) get a scan to see if you do produce good follies yourself ....then you will be offered an appt with consultant (these cant be a wait as they get busy) he/she will work out a shedule for you and then you will start on your date ......

can i ask where your having your treatment ????

best wishes

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
NoddysWorld
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:42 am 
Post subject:
Firstly congratulation on your 13 wks...

I have taken Clomid in the past but as I OV on my own there is no need for me to take this again.

We went to see a fertility consultant who said I could be refered for IVF but we had to get bloods done first. And choose a clinic, we have gone with the one in Cambridge (which is near to us, well I say near Confused )

I think we are having the egg meets sperm in the petra dish Very Happy. Not too sure what's going to happen!

How long does this whole process take? x
sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:48 am 
Post subject:
from referal to ++preg test 3months .......but it goes very quickly as you always looking forward to the next thing you have to do .......and i dont know about anyone else but i found it very easy to do and not stressful at all .......

care fertility are one of the best in the uk they have clinics nation wide ....if you have a choice id get quite a few prices to compare .....and ask them about policies for this like min follicle requirements and single embryo transfer ....some clincs have quite tight guidelines where others are more taylored to you ....

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
NoddysWorld
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:55 am 
Post subject:
Wow, just been reading your reply to the process thread. Very complex and complicated.

Hope you don't mind me asking but when you have to have the injections done. Who does them?

I couldn't give myself one Crying or Very sad I am such a cry baby. What I mean is do you have to administer them yourself? I looked on youtube and there were women doing it them selfs. Made me cry with pain just looking at them!

On the price side, we are able to get a cycle on the NHS.

Did you have to pay for yours? If so was it expensive? x
sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:01 pm 
Post subject:
hi we paid for ours and all in every thing inc embryo storage for 3 yrs it was 3800 and then we paid for genetical screening tests at 1500 as well ......the injections honest dont hurt as long as you do them right ....you have to do them yourself ........i had 1 a night of down reg for 14 days then still on down reg and stimms for 10 days so that was 2 a day for the last 10 days but honest a lot of it is mind over matter ......when we went my OH said she will never do that ......but the needle is so small you hardly feel it ...

it sounds complicated but its not its easy you do as you are told and it easy .....

i found the hardest part was the waiting after to find out if it had worked ........

if you have any questions please just ask i will do my best to answer

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
NoddysWorld
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
Gosh thats a lot of money!!!!

Lucky we got the NHS to fund ours. Couldn't afford that. OH's a right tight ars.

This injection thing............. Not sure about it at all to be honest. I'd rather pay a nurse to do them for me as as for the OH, he's like a bull in a china shop so no way am I letting him near me with a needle.

Genetical screening?: is that for the gender or to find out whether your baby has defects like, downs. I know you can can tests done when your PG?

I am so glad I have you to talk to, I've been sat at my desk at work stressing all morning. x
sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:18 pm 
Post subject:
we had genetical screening as my 7yr old has a very rare bone dissorder so we didnt want to have another child go through what he has .........

i think for just reg ivf its about 3500 we are very lucky and it worked 1st time and got extras in freeze ......

the injections are so easy ......i promise you you hardly feel them ...its mind over matter and i just kept thinking one step closer to a baby ........

most clinics ask you to do them in your leg the thigh part but if you have not got a lot of fatty bits ther then i used the bit just to the side the bit that would wobble if you ran .....and i didnt feel it

Terina (other ivf preg lady) did hers in her tum as she kept hitting veins and made her legs sore but as long as it goes into fatty tissue it doesnt matter where they go to be honest .....

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
NoddysWorld
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:52 pm 
Post subject:
Oh so sorry to hear about your little un.

I thought it was whether you wanted a girl or a boy.. You'll have to forgive me it's all a bit new to me.

We are away to Jersey on Sunday so the week will go rather quickly. For our wait for the test results.

Will keep you informed!

As for the injections, as you say it';s one step closer to our baby, hope we are as lucky as you and fall on the first cycle. x
sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:01 pm 
Post subject:
its the way to think ....makes things so much better to deal with ........and if you think once it works you forget very quickly what the rest of it was......

the clinic didnt offer to tell us the sex of the embryos put back even though they would know i dont think you can select for gender ......only medical reasons ........but we will know soon enough got my scan in 6 weeks then we will be told ......

have a blast on your time away ......

are you planning any decorating etc in the near future ??? if so save it till you start your treatment i re-decorated my full house and it took my mind off things loads

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular