* 150ml Baileys cream liqueur
* 142ml pot double cream , lightly whipped
* 2 eggs
* 140g caster sugar

FOR THE COFFEE JELLY

* 1 heaped tsp powdered gelatine
* 150ml strong black coffee
* 2 tbsp caster sugar , to sweeten the coffee

1. Measure 5 tbsp cold water in a small bowl, then sprinkle over the gelatine and leave to soak for 5 mins until spongy. Now stand the bowl of gelatine in a pan of gently simmering water and leave until it turns clear.
2. Meanwhile, mix the biscuit crumbs and butter really well, then press on the base of a loose-bottomed 20cm cake tin. Chill.
3. Beat the quark, mascarpone and Baileys together, then stir in the gelatine and fold in the cream.
4. Whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl until thick, pale and foamy, then fold into the cheesecake mixture and pour onto the biscuit base. Chill for 3-4 hrs or until set.
5. For the jelly, sprinkle the gelatine over the coffee, then put the bowl in a pan of gently simmering water until dissolved. Cool the mixture. When cold, carefully spoon the coffee mixture on top of the cheesecake to make a thin layer - don't pour it on or you will disturb the creamy layer. Chill until set. Will keep in the fridge for 2 days.
6. To serve the cheesecake, wrap a hot tea towel round the outside of the tin, then gently ease out the cake. Serve in thin slices.

Hoping4Hope
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
OOOOOooOoO THAT SOUNDS SOOOOOOOO NICE. i will be making that for my fella he loves cheesecake lol
ChloeBrown27
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:08 pm 
Post subject:
I can vouch for this. I have tried some Baileys cheescake before (different recipe) and it's absolutely yummy!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular