how often do you all go out boozing?

RWneedssleep
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:48 pm 
Post subject: how often do you all go out boozing?
Hi all,

I hope you dont mind me posting in the Dad's forum! I am having terrible rows with my husband at the moment, we have a planned and very loved 18 month old and before he came along we had a very equal social life in terms of going out seperately and went out a lot together.

We now have a distinct lack of babysitters so don't get out together much and so go out more seperately with friends. However my husband goes out double the amount that I do!

This all came to a head this evening when he engineered it so that he was in the pub at 4pm when we'd agreed 5pm. This might not sound too bad but felt like as soon as the sun came out he couldn't get to the beer quick enough! Well I am missing having a nice drink in the sunshine too!

Anyway, I'd really appreciate your honest opinion and how often you go out now that you are a Dad - is it more than your wife/partner? Has it reduced dramatically since your little one was born? Do you have the same rows?

Incidentally, he talked about working really hard all week - well we both work full time so hmmmmm?? I won't swear!

thanks for listening
Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:53 pm 
Post subject:
hi, i'm not a guy but i figured i'd answer anyways

sam never goes out without me, only once has he done this and that was a work thing and bless him, he came home the second he could get away

my brother on the other hand is CONSTANTLY out, he has a 4year old and a 14month old and any excuse he can think of he'll be out...him and his wife go out together about 7times out of 10, the rest of the time she's at home while he goes out...she never goes out on her own..she decided to go to the cinema with my sister to see harry potter and he whined because he had to look after the kids for a couple of hours

RWneedssleep
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:00 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for replying, that is sweet of your OH Smile

my husband goes out probably twice a month or more but it is always really long sessions and ends up with him being really hungover the next day and takes a couple of days for the tiredness to go which means a couple of days of grumpiness, we also cant afford it!

just not sure how long I'll put up with it - whenever I go out it is always after my son is in bed or I end up going out later thana planned as there is so much to organise....he is SO brilliant with our son and I knew he enjoyed going out when I married him, we've been together 12 years and married 3.5 so I also knew what I was getting into - I suppose I just thought we'd make the same sacrifices when we had our baby Confused
jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:13 pm 
Post subject:
My OH only moved down to where I live in December and doesn't really know anyone here apart from my BIL and dad. But he takes any chance he can to go out and if we go back to his town he will be out from the minute we het there until the minute we leave, sometimes the whole weekend. I don't really know anyone here either as I moved from London and if I get the chance I will go out but it's not too often. He is very fond of the drink and is out now as I type and has been out all day.xxx
RWneedssleep
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:14 pm 
Post subject:
jas11 - does it bother you, hope you don't mind me asking? x
jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
It does sometimes, like when we go to his town, his sister will babysit say on the Friday when we get there but he expects that if I want to go out that his sister can babysit but she is 23 and goes out with her mates so I can't expect her to babysit the whole weekend and take the [*CENSORED*]. So it bothers me when that happens. Like today he went in to London to meet his mum and sister as they are down for the weekend, I could of gone but we are going again tomorrow for a meal, but he has come back but gone out to meet some people he works with. He want's me to drive to london tomorrow but I am like no as I can't even have a drink. I can go out when I want but I just don't really know anyone here. If he don't go out he drinks in doors.
StuartS
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:39 am 
Post subject:
Hey, i dont go out very often, although im going out this coming Friday, but Gem is gonig to London for a bounty meet. so its all good.

I like to go out and try to do it every so often, but i have also said to Gem tht she can go out whenever she wants and i will look after Faith.

We also go out together for a meal once in a while, and we have also been to the movies a couple of times since Faith was born.

You just need to chat to your OH

Jump to:  

Community

Popular