weaning a 4 month old baby

moodles
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:34 pm 
Post subject: weaning a 4 month old baby
Hi, my baby is 4 months old and last week I started to give him a couple of spoons of baby rice in the morning. Im breastfeeding and just seem to feed him all the time. I havent really noticed any change in his feeding but dont know if i should be giving him any more than about 4 or 5 small spoons. When is the right time to start upping the amount and how often i give it to him?? Please help.
lindyloo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:43 pm 
Post subject: weaning baby
I started my four month old with a little baby rice the same as you for one week, week two I gave her some baby porrage about four mouth fulls at tea time 5pm ish week three I gave her porrage in the morning then a few mouth fulls of veg puree (carrott and cauliflower) mashed up with a blender and a little of her milk to thin it and a little rice or porrage before bed then every day just increase the spoon fulls. my baby is now on three good portions a day she is now 5 months and loves her food alot. hope this helps
weemitch
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:27 pm 
Post subject:
Please advise ... at the moment my babies feeding routines is -
0830 Breakfast 4/5oz Milk followed by a mixture of porridge and fruit (a couple of teaspoons)
1230 Lunch between 5-8oz milk (usually about 5/6oz)
1630 Dinner 4/5oz Milk followed by a mixture of Baby Rice and pureed veg/poultry/fish/red meat,
2030 Supper 5-8oz milk.
We have also started giving her a yoghurt during the day. Every time i try finger foods she gets too excited and nearly chokes and is not interested in a drinking cup at all.
Whats next? When i look at recommended eating plans they look so different to ours. i want to try and get her last feed to be around 1930 so we can get her to bed earlier. She is 6.5 months old
Thank u in advance if anybody has any advice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular