The size of my baby

sin
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:42 pm 
Post subject: The size of my baby
i gave birth to my baby boy on september the 11th 2007 . .....so that makes him around 2 months old.
he was born ...weight - 3950gms, length - 50cms
he is now .......weight - 6900gms, length - 67cms

what i want to know is ...do you think that is to big for 2 months???????
i was talking to this nurse person ...that your ment to go see at 6 to 8 weeks and she says i have to go see a dotor person about his weight??????
Do you guys thinks that is right?????
lawlaw23
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:11 pm 
Post subject:
my baby was born weighing 8lb 15oz on 5th sept and was weigheed wednesday at 9 weeks and is just under 14il my health visitor said that is fine so i cant see there been a problom with your baby if like mine just a very hungray baby!!!
ElfsOak
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:32 am 
Post subject:
Hi there,

I've just been nosing around the forums having just joined Askbaby, so felt I just had to reply. I have two little or rather not so little boys now and was told the same about both of them. Sometimes I'm beginning to feel that no matter what you do someone will always have a comment. My eldest son was 7lb 6oz's at birth and from the minute he arrived all he did was eat!!!! I was only in hospital for 4hrs after the birth and he didn't stop eating the entire time. He'd gained 5oz's by day 7, and has continued like that to this day. He is now a well preportioned, happy, healthy and thriving four year old. He's in no way fat he just has an appetite to challenge most adults. I've had health professional tell me he may have worms!!!! That I should stop him eating so much etc. To them I always say the same; that whilst I respect their opinion I am his mother and I know if my child is ill or just being a little piggy!!! He doesn't eat junk except for the odd treat, he just eats healthy food, the same goes for my 18mth old whose appetite is on par with his big brothers. They are both big but as my husband is 6ft 5inches and I'm 5ft 8inches they were hardly going to be small.
If you know in your heart that your child is happy, healthy and thriving then that is all the information you need. It sounds to me that you are doing a brilliant job of nuturing your child so carry on the good work and next time you get comments like this just smile sweetly and think do YOU think there is a problem with your child. If the answer in your is no then carry on. If yes then ask for help but please remember you know your child. They may have knowledge and experience that can sometimes be invaluable but you are with your child 24/7 and so have the greatest knowledge possible that no book can replace.

Take care and enjoy motherhood.

Helena.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2007 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular