sterilisation reversal help

cleo5599
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:54 pm 
Post subject: sterilisation reversal help
Hi. can anybody give me some advice on a reversal? prices places etc cause i'm fumbling in the dark and keep hitting a brick wall. is there any point speaking to my gp or should i just contact some private hospitals? am totally lost with it. please help
heroes
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:55 am 
Post subject: sterilisation reversal
Hi cleo5599, I had my reversal done at The Three Shires hos in Northampton, the cost of the op was 3100 which included the surgeons fee the anaesthetist and the hospital fee plus any drugs you have and need to take home, plus a follow up appointment, the consultants fee was seperate which cost us another 120. It depends on what part of the country you are in, or if your willing to travel, there are lots of private hospitals you can go to, if you pop along to your docs and ask them for a list of private hospitals then im sure they will help you, there are tons of ladies on here that have had the reversal and so many different hospitals. The hospitals all have different charges, so get ringing and get the ball rolling, its very exciting once that ball starts to roll. Good Luck hun. Karenxx
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:28 am 
Post subject: success rate
hi, thanks for the response. do you know the success rate for reversal as opposed to IVF. our gp says she does not recommend reversal and was leaning towards IVF. What would your opinion be on this? When was your reversal done? have you concieved since. If so how long after the reversal? Many thanks
sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:39 am 
Post subject:
hi cleo

i had my reversal done 7th july 08 we paid 3200 ish for it and it worked but had a m/c in nov 08 .....sadly due to bad managed m/c i had to have both my tubes removed in jan 09 ..we did our first cycle of ivf in april 09 and it worked 1st time for us .......alot for both depends on your age and your fertilty .......the surgery is a huge opp ....i was inhospital for 3 days and very uncomfortable for over a month after ....... on the other hand out ivf was very easy to do some women find it hard but i found it very easy cost for us was 2300 +drugs ours came to 600 and 320 to register ......then we've got 6 embryos frozen at the cost 340 for 3 years .......

its worth looking into both deeply before you proceed and i wish some one had told me about both before i just thought i want a reversal its as near to a natural conception you can get ....but the risks a big i dont want to put you off but you need to find a good surgen not one who takes your money and runs (lots of the other ladies are having problems withthis now) my surgen is ace he is going to deliver our baby after we had problems he did all his private work for us for free .......

its lot to think about

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
Rachel72
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:47 pm 
Post subject:
Very Happy Hi Cleo. I had my reversal on the 17th July 08. I had mine done on the NHS. Only due
the fact our youngest child passed away shortly after birth.

I have yet to get pregnant.

to be totally honest with you, I would go for IVF hun Wink Freeze some embryos.

I wished i had !!!!!! Rolling Eyes

Good luck hun xxx

heroes
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:39 pm 
Hi again, I had it done 8 weeks ago now, gosh time flies I just told someone it was 7 weeks ago lol, no sign of bfp yet although its only been our 2nd time trying hopefully 3rd time lucky, we were given a time limit of 6mnths to concieve due to scar tissue healing over, all the Dr said was we have a 5o/50 chance of concieving, 4mths left I aint waisting no time my poor oh is gunna be shattered, xxx
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:54 am 
Post subject: reversal
hi,
well wishing you loads of luck with trying. it usually happens when you least expect it. lol. going to gp today to see what method of sterilisation was done as i cant remember. are there 3 types ( clip, tied and burnt) does it matter which was used? i have to admit we havent been very lucky with the gp cause they didnt recommend the reversal and they made a big deal about the price of ivf. they didnt even recommend any contacts they just told us to look on the internet. lol. this forum has been our most informative source of info. real people in the same boat. My partner always wanted more children but i was already sterilised when we met. He was willing to sacrifice his hope of having a baby cause he loves me but if theres a chance we can have one then it's surely worth a try.
I noticed a couple of posts where people have had the reversal done in an nhs hospital but paid the surgeon. Does anyone have any more info about that? we are justn looking at all available options open to us. dont understand why the gps are so unhelpful about it.
well a 50/50 chance sounds good enough for me.
if anyone can send me details of places where their op was done and prices that would be great too. just trying to gather all the info we need.
thanks for loads of help to you and all others who've responded it's been a lifeline.
fingers crossed for everyone
sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:59 am 
Post subject:
where are you hun ??

Xavier lifes pure joy
cleo5599
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:55 pm 
Post subject: location
hi yes live in powys in Wales
sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:58 pm 
Post subject:
do you have a bmi hospital near you ???? or do you know who did your sterilisation ??? the best person to undo the opp is gen the person who did it ???

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
cleo5599
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:00 pm 
Post subject: re
hi had it done in blackpool. dont know if we have a bmi hospital near us can check it out. Why do you ask are they good?
cleo5599
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:01 pm 
forgot to say would the surgeon in blackpool be willing to reverse it?
cleo5599
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:04 pm 
just had a reply from bmi healthcare they say my nearest is the priory think birmingham approx price 3500.
sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:10 pm 
Post subject:
they are not bad .....a little exspensive i think i had mine done at the claremont in sheffied its a fab private hospital a little far from wales though ......they are a little cheaper that bmi ...i loved it in there

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
heroes
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:42 pm 
Hi cleo5599, just to say I live in Birmingham and the quote I got from the priory was a lot more expensive, just to be on the safe side hun check what you get for that price because when I inquired it came to roughly 4800, ask them whether that price is the whole package, ie, anaeshetist , surgeon, hos stay etc, because I dont want you getting your hopes up for that hos, we travelled to Northampton because that was 3100, it would of been much easier for us to go to the priory as its only up the road from us. Anyhows just to be safe hun please check, xxxxxx
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular