Sept 09 mummies/breast feeding support

BabyMilly
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
hi Girls

I give Ellie cooled boiled water every day and this seems to keep her pooing at least once a day.
My mil has advised me to stop the feeding on demand and to try making her wait for 3 hours, I did this yesterday and seems to working well, after her 3 hours she is really hungry and finishes her 4oz bockie. before we feeding anything from 1 hour to 3 hours and wasting lots of feeds.

I usually do Christmas at my house as I love entertaining and cooking etc but this year I said I wouldnt do it as although I could cope with cooking etc its the clearing up afterwards and the dishes which seems to take til boxing day to finish - so my dad has very kindly booked a local hotel for all of us for Christmas dinner (and paid for it)! So we're really looking forward to this. Its my sisters 40th too on Xmas day so it should be a good day. Then she is having a party on Boxing day.

Oh well the sun is shining and I'mgoing to put Ellie in her pram and go and walk off some of this fat.

xxxx
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:18 pm 
Post subject:
Just had caleb weighed and he is now 9lb 11oz so has gained 90g in 5 days

The mw told me to keep him awake more during the day as he thinks its daytime at 2am lol
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:43 pm 
Post subject:
my little man's still having wind trouble. No matter what I do I can't get him to burp and he is struggling so much to fart. He's not constipated as has been pooing at least once a day I just don't know what to do for him Sad

Bumpwatcher
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies,

How is everyone? Made me laugh reading about lack of baby poo, Isla usually has done a poo after every feed! Hoping that will calm down a bit in the next couple of weeks...

Have been expressing every day so DH giving her a 130ml bottle atm, not sure if she will take it all though... think it may be a bit too much. Hoping that it may fill her up and she will go more than 4 hours between a feed for a first time tonight. She has slept so much today though. Read your comment Rach about your mw telling you to keep Caleb awake more in the day. How is that possible???!!! I got Isla up about an hour ago, and was singing to her, undressing her, tickling her feet, etc then we washed her face and changed her nappy. She still only managed to stay awake for about 10 minutes!

Can't believe we are all thinking about Christmas! We will be having lunch at my parents (they live in the same town), then have in laws here on Boxing Day (mil bringing food). So no hassle, hopefully. As for pressies, we aren't going to be buying the girls much this year, and DH and i are buying a Wii fit as our pressie. Think i need it!

Oh well, just got called away - DH, baby and sofa covered in 100ml of my hard earned milk! Hopefully catch up tomorrow.

Sleep well x x x Hope everyone is getting more sleep than we are!
andreah
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:11 pm 
Post subject:
Christmas........christmas????? Crumbs........i havent even thought about tomorrow nevermind what we are doing for Xmas..........

Am having to take Jo to docs tomoz, he has developed a rash all over his body, it goes up to his chin, all over tummy and behind his knees Sad

I thought it was a heat rash at first, but it hasnt gone, do you think it maybe a reaction to going over to formula full time???? He is not pooing every day either as he was when he was breastfed...................well today, crikey the amount of poo....blimey, it must have come out with some force it shot up his back..........lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh the mess.......and the smell.......formula milk deffo has something to answer for!!!!! He has also gone from feeding every 4 hours to every 3 hours and not taking that much, between 3-4oz????

I am panicking that I am not doing everything right..............as he is quite unsettled when he is awake and seems to cry alot know, unless he is lay on my chest, then he seems to settle and go to sleep..........

Am sure everything is ok tho, and it is just me being over cautious......
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:39 am 
Post subject:
Charlie is confusing the hell out of us this week, for the last 3/4 evenings he has been so unsettled, He cries and cries and i cant help him. I actually said i think he may be teething last night, He sounds like he's in pain, i can do everything i know to settle him and it doesn't work, all he wants to do is chew on something which tends to be my nipple,
If you put your finger in his mouth he gums you to death, no suching just chewing.

I'm also finding that by the end of the day i'm not producing enough milk for him, Which is quite upsetting for me to be honest i really dont want to stop feeding him myself. I may have to give him a couple of formula feeds but i really don't know which formula or how much.
I'm pretty sure he's about 14lbs now, i get him weighed thursday so will find out then.
Honestly he's a massive baby, i put him in 3-6months tracksuit yesterday and it fits like a glove Shocked he's 6 weeks old!!
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,

Just checking in, well madam finally pooped and then went another day without then went y day and today, been giving her boiled water and started her on infacol yesterday, I know they say it can take days for effect but her wind is coming up a treat! She's alot happier and so am I. How often do your babies wake in the night? rosie seems to settle between half 11 and 12 and wakes up around 3-3.30 and then again around 6-6.30 which suits me fine. Guess what I keep doing? Going on gen pg looking for spet mum post Laughing

wriggler2008
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:50 pm 
Post subject:
lol lils i have done the same thing!!

kell - aptamil is supposed to be the closest formula to breastmilk, it was recommended to me by my midwife when i had andrew. i would make up what it says appropriate for their age/weight on the tin and not expect him to take all of it, it is a lot thicker than breastmilk so will probably fill him up quicker. although if your not producing enough for him they say to not give formula as it messes up your milk supply but do what you think is best xxx... wow 14 lb!! thats a massive weight gain in a month... sophie put on 1lb in 3 weeks and i thought that was a lot Confused

andreah it sounds like excema to me , it could well be the transfer over to formula but does sound like excema to me, in all the treademark placecs, behind the knees, on the tummy and on his chin, andrew had exactly the same.

fran and rach im not sure if my daughter is nromal lol she can be awake for about 3 hours before falling asleep in the day.

lils sophie is the same, she has her last feed between 10 and 12 and settles into bed until about between 3 and 5 and then is up around 7.30 when andrew wakes! Very Happy its lovely! although daddy was doin the last feed but after she didnt settle for him until 1 last night he said its not fair he has to do it and i dont think he will be doing it any more Sad boo!!
BabyMilly
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
hi girls

Ellie wakes at 1am ish and then 4 am ish and then 7am ish and I'm knackered!!!!!!!!!!!! after the 4am ish feed she doesn't settle and it takes 2 hours to settle her so by the time she wakes at 7 am I totally wrecked!!!!!!!!!! She does sleep well in the day time though - but I can't sleep in the day time!!! She some really weird noises too!

My son did cooking at school today and has made some lovely chicken pasta, only problem is that he insisted on going to school on his bike so the dish he carried it home in has cracked and broken a bit on one side - AM I really bad to pick the bits of dish out and serve it up - honestly I'm too knackered to have to cook at this time now!! they are only teeny tiny peices!!!

Pen
xx
Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:49 am 
Post subject:
Morning girls!

How are we all? How are the babes?

Just thought i'd take this opportunity whilst Isla is sleeping and Immy has gone to nursery. We have had an awful few days with Immy - definitely the terrible two's kicking in and the realisation that Isla is here to stay! She has even punched me in the face a few times! Must be nursery we have to thank for that. We have introduced the naughty step...

Andrea - how's Joe? Isla likes to be held a lot in the day, she does settle on her own sometimes but quite often she will moan until she is cuddled to sleep. I think they wise up to this after a few weeks, to begin with she was quite happy just lying in her cot/pram.

Kell - are you eating enough?? I remember when Immy got to 6 weeks she was very unsettled in the evenings and i didn't feel like i had enough milk for her. I mentioned this to the hv and she asked what i was eating and whether i had been resting enough... i had cut out snacks and hadn't been resting. Maybe you need to eat a little more in between meals??

Lils we had a first last night, Isla went from 9pm until just after 2am, and then woke at 5.40am. Was so pleased she went 5 hours! Not going to hold my breath that will happen every night though.

Pen - hope you enjoyed your chicken pasta. I would have been very tempted to pick out the glass!

Have a good day x x x
lilsmurf
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:21 pm 
Post subject:
Laughing I'd have picked it out too!

Took Rosie back to the doctors today, she doesn't just have baby snuffles she has a head cold so have nasal drops to help with the congestion, poor mite is really miserable atm Sad Had a bit of an unsettled night so knackered right now. Rosie is on Aptamil, can't really compare it as I haven't used anything else lol, but after reading lots of reviews etc beforehand it seemed to be the way to go... I think lol

andreah
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:23 am 
Post subject:
Morning everyone......how are we all today??? I feel a bit better....joe's rash has calmed down, not completely gone however, so must be the switch to formula, he has started taking a lot more at feeds now.........my only problem now is that he is waking up after about 2.5 - 3 hours crying and only settles back down lying on my chest......my OH is getting mad saying that he will end up clingy, which i do agree with, as he does stop crying as soon as you pick him up............grrrrrr, they get wise very quickly!!! However i tried to leave him yesterday afternoon to cry, but he literally SCREAMED the house down, honest to god you would have thought i was torturing him.....as soon as we got in the car he went to sleep, for about 5 hours???? I also found a lump in his neck, which the doctor said was his lymph nodes and to keep an eye on it Shocked

I am so confused.................i feel as tho i starting to slip into failure mode....me and OH are not getting on at all which doesnt help, he isnt supportive at all, he has his own business so is busy all the time, but says that when he tries to help i take over, the problem is, he wants to play with joe at 7pm when he gets home, when i am trying to establish a bedtime routine.........grrrrrrrrrrr..........
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:19 pm 
Post subject:
Andrea we have had a few problems too, I have been snappy and mean to him, and even his light hearted comments which would usually be banter between ushas had me in tears, I think most couples have this low moment and it will pick up, you are both dealing with this new responsibilty and emotions etc.
I do think you have to try and nip crying moments in the bud, I know Rosies paddies and when she's actually upset, so I leave her to whinge her paddies out but still talk to her then she forgets about it and stops as quick as she started lol, but when she's really upset she gets watery eyes which I can see is proper upset, sometimes though they just wanna be close to mummy and held, I think only you can decide which is which.

I also think sometimes we do take over, even if we don't realise we are doing it! Tony has said a few times can I hold her, or am I doing something wrong as I have just waded in and took over, and I have had to learn not to do that, not that I mean to! I think instinct just took over but it didn't make him feel too good which i felt bad about. Maybe you oh can help with the routine like bathtime, feeding so he still bonds but also isn't breaking his routine? Hope all is ok with the lump xxx

BabyMilly
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:11 pm 
Post subject:
hi girls

What you're saying about oh's is happening here too, he does try to help but I can always find fault in what he does so I take over - then he goes off and does some work on his lap top and I sulk as I feel he is neglecting us - poor lad can't win at the moment!

Andrea my 12 had a lump on the back of his neck was he was a baby and it's still there and totally harmless, you can't see it but you can feel it! I suppose Joe does want to be close to you as he is used to breastfeeding but I wouldn't worry about him becoming clingy I think boys just need their mummys.

Lils I hope rosie is better soon, there is nothing worse than your baby being sick.

I actually feel quite broody (yes I know I hate my oh but I could get over it) and want to try for another baby now. I'm 42 so really can't afford to leave it any later.

pen
x
Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi girls!!

How are you and your LO's getting on?

Me and Charlie are good! I had him weighed last week, he was 6 weeks and weighed 13lb5oz Shocked what a porker lol
We both had our checks and are both fine!!

My eldest son Tommy has gone off to Florida for two weeks with my whole family! theres 18 of them i think, he only went yesterday and i miss him like mad already!!
Had a very tearful good bye at the airport, anyone would think he was leaving forever lol!

Hope your all good
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 153, 154, 155  Next
Page 4 of 155

Jump to:  

Community

Popular