Sept 09 mummies/breast feeding support

Rach2014
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
Boobs boobs boobs mine HURT!! Caleb feeds every 2 hours daytime and wakes once during night but my milk is coming in like a tsumami and my nipples are bleeding and painful im using lanisoh and clingfilm Sad

Apart frm that im sooo in love with my wee man and his daddy (after hating him 4 9 mnths) im enjoyin life even tho im stitched frm bk to front inside and out and have a bruised sternum and spinal block pain

Hows everybody?
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:31 pm 
Post subject:
Awww Rach sounds painful.
My boobs were killing me, cracked and bleeding etc, i drowned Charlie with every feed when my milk came in but it all settled after about a week-10days!
Hope you feel a bit better soon!

I'm with you on loving my oh, we are getting on sooooooooooooo well! Charlie has brought us so close to each other! I actually feel excited when he comes home and miss him when he's working. (pass the bucket lol)
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:42 pm 
Post subject:
Aww thats nice to hear that you both have been brought closer together......its completley the opposite for me...........hahahahah..

I too have been expressing 1 bottle a day so that OH can give him a feed whilst i do the tea....i have been very very lucky with breast feeding and it has been going ok, however i think expressing has messed me up a bit, and i dont think i have been producing enough, so started giving Joe 1 formula feed last thing, which seems to be going ok, and he drinks it at such speed, whereas he falls asleep on my boob, or comfort sucks!!!

I just hope i am doing everything right....... Shocked Shocked

Going for my 6 week check at docs on friday (6 weeks!!!!!!! i cant believe it has gone that fast!!!!!!!!) - so i will ask then if i am doing everything right....... Rolling Eyes

Hope everyone else is doing ok????
Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:00 am 
Post subject:
Hope u aren't having probs with ur man for too long andrea x and im sure ur doin a great job at feeding

Well we are off to register Caleb today and then off to hospital for his paediatric check (cos he's a forceps baby) im hoping he gets a good report x

Ive decided to invest in an electric breast pump as the manual is an arm killer after 15mins of pumpin and only gettin 2ounces argh
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:12 am 
Post subject:
Just had mw out to do heel prick and weight and im a dumbo as caleb was 9lb 7oz at birth 4.3kg not 8.14oz as the idiot at hospital said argh
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:28 am 
Post subject:
crikey thats some size Rach!!

Andrea- sounds like your doing great hun! so long as you and Joe are happy thats all that matters!!
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:19 pm 
Post subject:
hey ladies.

ouchies rach thats a big lad bless him!!

well i failed with the breastfeeding and im happily bottle feeding my little madam, getting her weighed tomorrow should be interesting she hasnt been weighed since 10 days old and she had almost regained her birth weight then Very Happy

shes soooo long its unreal im going to ask them to do her height tomorrow too Very Happy

shes still got thrush in her mouth and andrew has it too now because the little monkey keeps stealing her dummies!!

hope your all keeping well ! i feel really good! ive recovered from the birth so much quicker this time Very Happy
Bumpwatcher
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hi girlies!

Sounds like everyone is getting on well.

I'm sure you are doing a fab job Andrea, don't doubt yourself!

My boobies took a little over 2 weeks to settle down, now they are much better Very Happy Isla has been suffering with really bad wind bless her, she has stopped being sick though (touch wood, have probably just jinxed that one now) but has exchanged it for trapped wind. Started on the infacol on Saturday though and there has been a vast improvement.

Know what you mean about recovering much quicker this time Vicky - i feel pretty much back to normal, even indulged in some naughties this morning! Did have a bit of a wobble about coping with two children over the weekend, but that has passed now. Think it must have been my downer as hadn't had one before then... had been waiting for it though!

Sweet dreams everyone, sleep well x x x
wriggler2008
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:41 am 
Post subject:
fran we could be singing from the same hymn book... i had a bit of a wobble too about coping with 2 small ones on monday... my fab oh sorted me out though... its bloody hard work though isnt it!!

sophie done her first smile (for mummy may i add!! ) yesterday and has done about 6 this morning too so it wasnt a fluke!! Very Happy im sooo happy !! Andrew didnt smile until about 6 weeks so this is soooooo cool! Very Happy

im loving my oh at the moment hes been so damn helpful and really patient with me and my moody moods... even though i feel i could throttle him half the time hes still fandabbydosey! Very Happy
Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:30 am 
Post subject:
Charlie smiled for me at about 3 weeks now we cant stop him its lovely!!

We've both been a bit off weather yesterday and today, I have toncilitus and cant take anything for it and he has been very sick bless him, Were both feeling much better today so hopfully we'll be good tomorrow!
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:50 am 
Post subject:
ahh kell thats a lovely picture!

i tried to capture sophie's smile on camera this morning but the red light on it put her off and she stopped instantly i was gutted... going to get oh to help later see if we can get a pic! Very Happy

sophie has got a majorly spotty face these last couple of days, its not an irritation because i dont use anything but water on her face, shes not dirty she was bathed last night, i just dont know what it is... its not milk spots either i dont think because they are usually around the mouth and these are all over her face and in her hair Confused

getting my little fatty weighed today cant wait to find out w hat she is!! she was 20gms off her birth weight at 10 days so im looking forward to this afternoon! Very Happy
lilsmurf
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:18 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies! can't believe we're all here finally! Aww Rach I must be lucky, I had stitches in and out but had no issues with them thankfully! The after pains were shocking though in belly. Madams cheeks are starting to fill out now and she smiles too, you definately know when it's wind and when it's smiles. She was weighed Friday 10 days after birth and was 8lb 4 then so she's putting it on ok, she loves her grub lol. There's 2 week pics in baby pic section if anyone wants a lookie. So nice to begin this new chapter Very Happy

wriggler2008
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:35 am 
Post subject:
hey ladies got miss sophi weighed last night she was 9lb 11oz so has put on 1lb in 3 weeks Smile very happy with that, plus i won the bet so oh has to buy me takeaway tonight !! i bet she was 9lb 6oz he went 9lb 5oz Smile mwhaha
BabyMilly
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi girls

Glad you're all ok and the pics of the babies are great!

I'm just about starting to feel human and have at last been able to drive again! And wahey can finally fit into my pre preg clothes.

Ellie is happy on formula and I'm no longer beating myself up about giving up the breastfeeding.

We have been to register her today so she's all legal at last.
Pen
xx
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:47 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya Penny......glad you are back in the land of living!!!!!! Pre-preg clothes...wow well done, I can just about squeeze myself into one pair of jeans......still got a stone to lose....

Can I ask....is anyone in a routine yet???

Joe started off really well, feeding every 3-4 hours....now he is all over the place, sleep patterns erratic and feeding all over the place....he isnt consistent......he is wanting to sleep more during the day and feed more during the day.......he used to be more alert than he is??? Maybe it is just a phase, but cant help but worry.......... :0(

andrea x
Page 2 of 154

Jump to:  

Community

Popular