Sept 09 mummies/breast feeding support

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:01 am 
Post subject:
Hey!!

Andrea- Charlie has kinda been the same, he's sleeping most of the day, wakes from about 6-8.30 in the evening and the goes back to sleep, he's quite restless during the night as well.
His feeding is all ove rthe place but thats coz i'm feeding him.

i've been in my pre pregnancy clothes for a while but i still cant get away from my pouch of a stomach!
I know its not that bad but to me it is!!

I'm off out tonight with my oh, its the first time im leaving him and i have to say i cant wait!
is that bad?! My sister is coming over to look after Charlie, i know he'll be fine with her, have managed to express 3 bottles so i can have a few drinks and not have to worry about feeding him.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:55 am 
Post subject:
Hi

Ellie has no routine what so ever, she rarely sleeps more than 2 hours at a time and wants feeding every 2 to 3 hours (about 3oz). But she is so lovely and cute!

Really p'd off with OH he's useless. I get up and do all night feeds and when he isnt working we have an agreement that he can get up and do the early morning one (6am - 7am) while I try to catch up on some sleep. This morning he got up fed her and put her back in her cradle whilst he took the other two to work and school - I know I sound a cowface but why couldnt he have put Ellie in her car seat and took her with then, I could of then had a decent hours kip. Instead she woke up the minute he went out - he is such an inconsiderate, thoughless b'stard at times. When Ellie wakes inthe night I get to her before she cries so that she doesnt disturb anyone eles.
Anyway the b'stard was having the morning off with us - but I couldnt bear to be in the same house so I dressed Ellie and we went out for the morning and didnt get back until he was onhis way to work -he asked me if I still loved him and I told him to ask me again tomorrow when Im not so fcking tired!!!!!!!!!!!Rant over!!
Anyway had a lovely morning in Asda and at the baby clinic and Ellie is 8lb 2 oz.
don't know about you lot but Im still unindated with visitors and presents which is lovely but I can't wait to go baby girl shopping for ellie but at the moment we have a wardrobe full of beautiful clothes so I cant buy anything! Seen some lovely hello kitty dresses and handbags in H&M yesterday!
Girls with little boys - enjoy dressing them so cutely now as in a couple of years it will be trackies. footy tops and trainers!! (well that's if they're anything like my 12 year old)
Girls with girls - are we all enjoying the girly girly shopping?

Pen
sorry again for the rant but I'm still fuming
xx
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:09 pm 
Post subject:
nooo pen dont say that about the trackies lol i love dressing andrew in little outfits that make him look like hes from some sort of posh private school!! lol

sophie has a routine sorted so far (god going to regret saying this i bet its going to go ti ts up now lol) shes feeding 4oz every 3-4 hours, except when she gets to last feed of the night around 10 or 11 and she then goes through until 4am more or less and then back until 7 or 8. andrew is now sleeping 7 until 8 so im getting a mini lie in!! Very Happy

i think because i have andrew shes sort of fitting around him so to speak.

glad you had a lovely day pen, sorry to hear about your inconsiderate oh... tell him next time to take her, its only fair he does his share!!

i had a fabby day, babygroup first thing, went to a diner and had a big fat boy burger with homemade chips and some waffles and ice cream (other girls had abeer but i decided against lol) then went and hung out at my friends house with all the kiddies Very Happy came home when oh did around 5.30!! Very Happy fabby day!

saw a little girl today who was 6 weeks old and she was massive compared to sophie bless her, they were born similar weight but shes nearly 12lb and is huge!! sophie now weighs 9lb 11oz so has put on 1 lb in a month Very Happy!!!
Bumpwatcher
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
Evening ladies, just a quick hello.

Don't seem to have a minute to post at the moment. Do pop on everyday to check up on you all though! Isla is being a bit of a handful and crying a lot, she just seems to like being held, which is not great when you have a toddler to look after too!

Off for a full body massage tomorrow, soo looking forward to some pampering!

Sleep well (as well as a newborn baby lets you!) everyone x x x
lilsmurf
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:28 am 
Post subject:
Hey ladies,

Glad you are all doing ok. I've had a bit of a tummy bug so not felt great and had some baby blues. Rosie is very snuffly atm, mw said it can last weeks as shes around irritants she wasn't around while protected in the womb.. seemed to get worse so took her doctors and her breathing pattern is ok and it's not on her chest thankfully, was a bit worried as i'm asthmatic. She's a bit cranky as she needs her nose to breath while feeding and she can't so gets frustrated so her feeding is all over the place too, she on average wakes every 2 and half to 3 hours and has 3oz, then a small break then maybe another oz, right now thats all over the shot.
She also hates (98% of the time)being laid down to change, she 'cries' then forgets her paddy for a bit then remembers and starts again, yet shuts up when she's upright, looks like I have a fiesty one and omg can she move! when she's thowing her paddy she moves loads, deffo have to keep an eye on this madam!

BabyMilly
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
haha wriggs I'm sorry but it is true about the dreaded trackies, my son won't even come in Next with me! glad Sophie is getting into a routine, hopefully Ellie will get one soon.

Lils Ellie is also snuffely and has a sticky eye, I took her to the baby clinic yesterday and they said it was common and leave it for the weekend and if I was still worried go to my GP.

Fran - enjoy your pampering, its my birthday tomorrow so today we're going shopping for me a new coat and tea out and then tomorrow its out shopping again and lunch out!

My OH got up this morning and took Ellie out with him to visit his mum, it was lovely having an hour in bed to recover from the night feeds - only problem is when they got back you should have seen how he had dressed her - I'm taliking bright yellow cardie and a pink bob hat!!!!! haha

Enjoy your weekend girls
Pen
x
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hey everybody..

Glad to hear ur all well.

Caleb is finally settling into a routine he breast feeds every 4 hours 30 mins each breast yes he is greedy and im producin a lot of milk as he gulps it down he is windy coz of this tho

My only problem is my nipples are raw and i dnt kno how long that lasts any advice?

My whole body is bruised frm the birth and the swelling i got after so im on a lot of diclofenec atm and voltorol
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:41 pm 
Post subject:
Evening all,

I seem to have a very sleepy baby today, can't see that she can sleep all night too...

Glad your OH gave you a break this morning Pen - Happy Birthday for tomorrow! Enjoy your shopping trip and lunch.

I have still got some money from my bday to spend and i have sold a couple of my Isabella Oliver maternity clothes on ebay, but still got another stone to lose and have massive boobies atm so don't want to buy any clothes, although i am desperate for some.

Rach - my boobies/nipples took about 2 weeks to calm down, i'm sure it they will feel better in the next few days. I remember thinking they were never going to stop hurting! Caleb is certainly feeding well bless him!

Isla is a really efficient feeder, she never feeds for more than 10 minutes and will go between 2 and 4.5 hours for a feed. Usually about 3 hours. Her sickies and trapped wind seemed to calm down since starting infacol a week ago - yay!!!

So anyone feeling broody again yet???? Hahahahahaha! (I'm not for the record!)

x x x x x
andreah
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:16 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya there everyone, happy birthday penny for tomorrow!! Glad to see everyone is ok...

Joe has had a bad day today, he had been constiptaed until today and then he had a massive, and I mean massive clearout, but he is also being sick after every feed, not straight away but about 30 mins after, and i mean projectile vomiting......have made a decision to put him solely on formula, and i think mixing breast milk and formula milk is upsetting his tummy, even tho i was only giving him 1 formula bottle a day. My thoughts were that eventually i will be giving him formula, so after 6 weeks being breast fed, i think i have given him the best start. I do feel really guilty tho...........and i do hope he settles down again....i hate it when he cries as i never know what his cries mean.....

Have got him on infacol and gripe water, so am hoping that it helps.......gosh it is draining, we started off so well, and i know we are bound to go through bad days, but have been really worried today.

Went for 6 wk check yesterday and they have put me on more antibiotics as still have an infection, started them today................... good news is that joe is steadily putting on weight and is now 9lb9oz...........so he coming along heaps............Got his hip scan next thursday and the immunisations start!!! x x
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:59 am 
Post subject:
Happy Birthday Pen! Have a lovely day!!

Rach my boobs took a couple of weeks to settle down do hopefully not long for you now hun. unfortunatly i have mastitus in one of them at the moment, i know they say to feed through it but god it hurts!! i'm gonna go get some antibiotics tomorrow hopefully

Andrea Charlie had a day like that yesterday, He was really grupmy and in the evening just cried pretty much non stop for hours.
I couldn't console him at all and it was really frustrating for me.

I went out Friday night with my OH and a dew friends, i had a great time but wow i felt like i was missing something lol. I had a few too many drinks and felt rubbish in the morning but it was worth it!

I'm going back to the gym as well this week, I've let myself have the 6 weeks nearly but im getting annoyed now and actually cant wait to go back, i'm not sure if its the break a couple of times a week or the idea of having a good body thats appealing but i've never wanted to go to a gym ever lol,
This weekend is my 'last blow out' then i'm gonna make the effort!

Well ladies hope you and the babies are all good!! xx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:52 am 
Post subject:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PENNY

Morning all

Had a good sleep last nite i fell asleep on the sofa at 8pm woke to feed at 11pm then 4am and 9.30am so was nice

Off to scotland nxt saturday i cant wait to introduce caleb to the rest of the family

Whats everybody doin 4 xmas?[/b]
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hey everyone,

Pen happy birthday sweetie have a wonderful day xxxxxxxx

Well, I have a very miserable baby today, she was sick last night and again this morning, I know she's always been a windy baby and can only assume this is what is causing it. She was very gripey again and hasn't been a poo today so maybe that's a problem as she was like this the other day she never went. I may have to get infacol to help her. She is also still very snuffly and sneezes loads and had snot/mucus come out today, how long is this supposed to last? doesn't help when she feeds as she needs her nose to breathe so gets cranky.

Rach2014
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:07 pm 
Post subject:
Are u breast or bottle feedin lils? Caleb poos after every feed but didnt poo for a whole day when we had to top up with formula at the beggining he is totally breast fed now tho
My dds were bottle and had constipation a lot.. Try rosie on infacol its great for wind caleb is very windy as he is a large baby and gulps like a mad guppie

Also have u tried giving rosie cooled boiled water? That may help reduce sickness
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:29 am 
Post subject:
ooh happy belated bday pen!! hope you had a fabby day!

kell havefun going back to the gym!! i seriously need to lose weight Confused hope you get ver the mastitus soon!!

lils sophie is bottle fed too and she poos either once a day or once every other day, its fine as long as when she does go its not hard or pellety.

andreah you did so well breastfeeding for 6 weeks well done you!!! Very Happy hope joe feels better soon!!

fran i was broody almost instantly but i think i just missed being pg and love having a newborn lol i couldnt cope with 3 at the moment so its out of the question!!

andrew is ill so had a horrible nights sleep last night, he keeps giving me this high pitched sqeal makes my ears ring!!

sophie is very good and very cute shes still only smiling for me which i have to admit i love lol

rach we are having a family christmas here me, my oh and 4 kids. then off to his and my mums but im hpoing to have my 2 christened around christmas at my grans church! Very Happy keepin my fingers crossed that they will do it! Very Happy as for presents we are stumped, im getting sophie a charm bracelet (then will buy charms every birthday and christmas) and andrew and sophie a in car dvd player other than that i havent a clue!!
Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:02 am 
Post subject:
lil last week Charlie went for 3 days without pooing, i felt so sorry for him, He's breastfed as well so i couldn't understand it, but he got there in the end!

Christmas this year we are at my OH parents. I have Tommy on xmas eve and take him to his dads at lunch time xmas day.
My mum has moved upto scotland so probably wont see her til Jan, i'll spend boxing day with my family as xmas seems to be a week long event for my family lol!!

Presents i have no idea, Not going to go mad on Charlie this year, but for the other boys i think we are getting them bikes and a few smaller toys!

What you guys getting your oh's i just cant think of anything, and its his birthday on the 1st december as well :S
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 152, 153, 154  Next
Page 3 of 154

Jump to:  

Community

Popular