To tell or not to tell?

Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:33 am 
Post subject: To tell or not to tell?
I am 8 weeks pregnant with my first baby and hadn't planned on telling family until 12 weeks, when things are 'safer'. However various friends now know either because we've told them or they've guessed and we're feeling more and more guilty for not telling family. There are no 'links' from these friends to our family, so they won't hear by mistake, but still feel bad that they don't know.

To make things more complex, my sister has lost 2 babies after telling people at 12 weeks, and at 6 weeks, so I don't want to put my family through all that again if things go wrong.

aaahhh! Don't know what to do. Any advice?

LD
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:54 pm 
Post subject:
Think i would tell them. They will be happy for you and they might get abit upset if you wait until the 12 weeks.

U'l be fine, Good luck Wink
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:33 am 
Post subject:
I know what you mean, you want to share your excitement but you worry about the first few weeks.
My opinion is that you should tell people, let them share your excitement, because if anything were to go wrong then you have the support of your friends and family, I think we all need that in times of trouble, They will all understand it is still the early weeks and that you will be slightly apprehensive...good luck.
dawn. x
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:24 pm 
Post subject:
I'd tell them if you feel like you want to (which I guess from your tone you do!). They will cope with any bad news - you just worry about yourself in this to be fair Very Happy
keekaboo
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:53 pm 
Post subject:
hi i've just found out i'm 4 weeks gone but i'm itching to pick up the telephone and call everyone i know i know it's prob not the best idea just yet but you just get so excited,
your family would prob love to know what a crimbo gift to know there having a grandchild xxx
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:20 pm 
Post subject:
We told our families last weekend and they were all delighted. My sister was a little upset, but she seems really happy now. I am just holding on until our scan next week to see everything is ok, then we are going to tell the whole world!!! It's really exciting, and I'm glad I've told them now, as I can talk to them about stuff too.

Thanks for all the advice from everyone.

Love LD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular