how much are your babys drinking?

lawlaw23
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:16 pm 
Post subject: how much are your babys drinking?
I was just wondering my baby is 10 weeks on wed and is been fed every 4 hours on aptimil extra for hungray babys he is taking between 4-6 onze each feed usully 6 during day and 4 on a night. Confused
KaylaEmsley
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:48 pm 
Post subject:
hiya my daughter is 11 weeks, she drinks 6 1/2 ounces every feed and is still hungry even on sma for white for hungrier babies, but she sleeps all night, if you think that you babys hungry then feed him or her! at the end of the day if you were hungry you would give yourself more so why not your baby?
KAYKAY
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:03 pm 
Post subject:
TRY GIVE YOUR BABY A LITTLE BIT OF BABY RICE EVERY OTHER FEED THAT SOULD FILL HIM OR HER UP A LITTLE MORE TRY GIVING IT IN THE BOTTLE BEFORE YOUR BABYS LAST FEED SAY ABOUT 8.30 AND YOUR BABY SHOULD SLEEP FOR LONGER I HAVE A 6 MONTH OLD SON AND I GIVE HIM HIS LAST BOTTLE AT 8.15 EVERY NIGHT AND HE SLEEPS THOUGH SINCE HE WAS 2 DAYS
Linzxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:07 pm 
Post subject:
I think 10 weeks is too young to start giving baby rice. Babys kidneys are not mature enough for solids at that age.
pye
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:27 am 
Post subject:
I think 10 weeks is too young to start giving baby rice
yeah, i agree. the world health organisation rccomends 6 months before weaing. when my 9y girl was a baby we weaned at 4m. i have a 5 1/2 m baby girl now (and she rocks my world) and i started giving her baby rice at 4 1/2m and have added in small amounts of fruit puree now, she loves it and is opening her mouth now when she sees the spoon!
give formula for a bit longer- check on the milk packet as it tell syou roughlt how much babies need at certain ages. some babies are hungrier though so let him drink tilll he stops himself.
enjoy
Sakura
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:25 pm 
Post subject:
theres no hard and fast rule about how much milk a baby should have, whatever satisfies them should suffice!

at birth my son drank 5oz milk every 2 hours and it just went up and up from there - we tried using the guide on the back of the formula tin but it just didnt work.

i think it also depends on baby's size as to how much milk they need - my son was 9lb at birth and just before weaning he used to drink 13 0z milk - he must have needed it tho coz at 21months he's now 3ft tall, almost 3stone and wears 3yr old clothing and has good strong bones!! he's gonna be big like his dad! he was almost completely bottle fed as well, managed breast for two weeks and then boobs stopped making milk altogether so had to bottle feed!

xx
tracyd
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:43 pm 
Post subject:
my son is 10 wks and on aptamil 1. He only takes between 4-6 oz 5 times a day and nothing at night, sometimes after a full nights sleep he will only take 3 oz! he is gaining weight fine though Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular