travelling while pregnant

mtm0066
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:18 pm 
Post subject: travelling while pregnant
Hi everyone, this is my first time to the forum. Not sure if this is the correct section. I am due to go on honeymoon when I am 21 weeks pregnant. It's quite a long flight as it's to Australia. I will be away for a month and due back just before the start of my third trimester. Just wondered if anyone had went on a long journey around this time and also what your thoughts are on this. Should I wait and go next year instead. Thanks.
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:58 am 
Post subject:
Hi and welcome Very Happy

everyone is different with travel - the second trimester is generally the best time to travel - probably easier than going that sort of distance with a baby next year!! Make sure you stay very hydrated, keep as mobile as possible and wear flight socks as there is a small additional risk of DVT when pregnant.

Hopefully you'll be fine! Word of warning though, I flew short haul at 5 months pregnant, and the noise, smell and vibrations on the plane made me feel sicker than I did for the whole of the rest of my pregnancy!! Most ladies seem to be absolutely fine at this stage though Very Happy
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:01 am 
Post subject:
Hiya!! I spoke to my doctor about this last week and he said that as long as everything is progressing normally it is not a problem. I will also be making a long flight in my 16th and 21st week and have been quite worried about it but it seems fine. Just remember to keep moving up and down the aisles, stretching and keeping hydrated. Also the honeymoon won`t be as fun once baby is here!! Very Happy Oh, and bring your medical notes with you just in case.
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:40 am 
Post subject:
as long as ur pregnancy is going ok then u shud be fine to travel it is advisable u get them socks for the flight to stop swelling and make sure u get out of ur seat and have plnty of walks up and down the plane.

mtm0066
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:08 pm 
Post subject: travelling
Hi everyone

many thanks for your thought and feedback - much appreciated.

i think as long as i am feeling alright i may just go ahead. i will just make sure i am well insured Smile

maria
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:44 pm 
Post subject:
yep make sure ur well insured and that u feel ok around the time u travel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular