bottle feeding .....how to get your new born to try it.. ?

pooches
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:02 am 
Post subject: bottle feeding .....how to get your new born to try it.. ?
Hi does anyone have any great techniques on bottle feeding .....how to get your new born to try it.. ? I am currently breast feeding and trying to get my new born to try the bottle but she does not like it....
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:11 am 
Post subject:
try getting someone else to offer her the bottle, her Dad/Grandma etc. She is used to food from you coming from the breast, and will also be able to smell your milk so will asociate that with breast feeding. It might be best to express milk and use that rather than formula for the first few times as well, so that there is no taste differential too.
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
Although I've never breast fed, Tommee Tippee closer to nature bottles are award winning for the most natural to a breast. They are really soft and flex just like a nipple and are quite large so the baby can latch on like a breast.

Good luck.
AmandaD
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:17 pm 
Post subject:
My guy took a bottle yesterday for the first time on the first try. I used playtex bottles with a 'drop in' of expressed milk. I held him outside in a rocking chair in a similar position as I would breast feeding. It took him a few minutes to suck, but I squeezed some milk on the nipple and kept wiggling it in his month. he made all these funny faces at first, but then realized that there was milk in there and drank most of it!
He then was able to breast feed all night which was great. I was told to introduce the bottle around 1 month old and not much later so they will take both if you plan on it.
Good luck Smile

Jump to:  

Community

Popular