too softer skull

KaylaEmsley
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:39 pm 
Post subject: too softer skull
Help!

My daughter is 11 weeks old, and has had a very soft skull since she was born. The problem is her head is flat on one side and the other is nice a round, she sometimes cries and pulls her hair in that particular area, is there any i can do to help it go back to normal? is it causing her any pain?

Really worried!!!
tbell
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:23 pm 
Post subject: She's fine
It is normal for a baby to have a "Soft Spot" on her head most babys soft spot is on the top of there heads it becomes hard after time.

Also, usually when a babys head is getting flat on one side they are spending too much time laying down, Babys should spend at least and hour a day on there tummys to allow time for there skull to harden and reduce the constant pressure on the particular flat part of their head and the soft spot. Also laying babys on their tummys makes them lift there neck which will strengthen the muscals in the neck which will help them sit up quicker.

I hope this helps you if you are really concerned see a doctor they will know if somthing is going wrong.

Let me know if this helps
KaylaEmsley
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:45 pm 
Post subject:
hi thanks for you reply! its not that shes spending too much time on her back, the only time she is really on her back is when she asleep of a night. of a day she spends most of the time in a door boucer, playing with me on my lap or in a bouncer chair and will only let her spend 20 minutes a time on her front as she get really tired and windgy. ive asked doctors about it and they say it doesnt really matter it will sort its self out with time, im probably over worried with it as shes my first after being told id never concieve natrually!

kayla x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular