Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:39 pm
Post subject: Pea Soup
The kids love it...
200g peas fresh or frozen are cool but fresh is better
Fresh Thyme leaves (altough I dont put these in)
450ml of chicken stock.
[*CENSORED*] of butter
1) Dice onion and cook on med heat for 1-2mins or until soft
2) Dice Potato and add to onion, cook for 2-3mins
3) Add chicken stock to pan and bring to boil.
4) Add peas and return to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15mins mins.
5) Put the contents into a blender and blend until smooth. (put back on heat if cooled)
6) Drizzle double cream for the posh look.
Edited to say that you can subsitute carrot for peas and that tastes good too.
Annoy me and I will sit on you.... and it will hurt!