ladies whos had a prem baby

Witters
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:55 am 
Post subject:
They were always on the very low percentile and sometimes bobbed under, sometimes bobbed over. The line was always a bit hit and miss t be honest but nobody seemed concerned. My two are pretty slight children in build, so as long as they were eating, content and happy (for the most part Wink ) we had no concerns. I did go to baby weigh clinic a fair amount though just to make sure!
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:51 am 
Post subject:
Witters wrote:
They were always on the very low percentile and sometimes bobbed under, sometimes bobbed over. The line was always a bit hit and miss t be honest but nobody seemed concerned. My two are pretty slight children in build, so as long as they were eating, content and happy (for the most part Wink ) we had no concerns. I did go to baby weigh clinic a fair amount though just to make sure!

thanx uve made me feel bit better as u say if there eating and happy then i shudnt worry.

kimberlina
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:59 pm 
Post subject:
hi, my 1st baby was 8 weeks early and i was petrified. she came home around 2 weeks before her due date and i thought i wouldnt be able to cope but it was acctually easier than with my son who was born on time, you've done it before so you know what your doing. it will be a little different obviously but once you get home you will just be relieved to know your baby is doing well. dont worry about it they soon catch up x
Hanika
Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:46 pm 
Post subject: Hiya
Hi, im hannah
I had a Prem baby-Cameron, He was born at 26 weeks on the 12th march 09 and was only 2lb 4oz and was in hospital until his due date which was the 16th june 09.
When i found out he was able to come home i was very nervous and scared just like you. He was 6lb when he came home and was still very tiny. I used to think about the same things like would i have to take extra care, will he get sick easly, will he be ok on his home oxygen ..... etc.
I know what its like to have a prem baby and i do have to say it is hard work But everything will be fine. Just treat ur bubs how you would a full turm baby and dont worry to much about things. x x If you have any more question or worries just Message me. xx
Hope this help hun x x x x
Rainbowsmum
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:37 am 
Post subject:
My Ruby was 8 weeks early, and came home a couple of weeks before her due date....fully breastfeeding, just tiny. I was terrified, but after 3 days I felt like a pro!!

I still look back at her time in SCBU and find it very hard, so many tough days, Ruby had some other health problems so struggled a little more than most. She stayed little but now WOW she is 12 years old captain of the netball and basket ball teams a killer at Judo and top set in school for all her subjects and the most lovely girl in the world.....her prematurity and health problems actually gave her a fighting spirit and although on her birthday in a quiet moment I always have to choke back a tear remembering her so small, I do believe it made her a tough cookie!!

Can you tell I am a proud mummy!

Good luck to all you mummies of premies you deserve a medal! Wink
Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:28 pm 
Post subject:
gerogias still small at 7lbs 4oz and almost 12 weeks but shes doin great! so im takin ur advice and nto worrying about the weight and just enjoyin her:)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular