About to start IVF / chat and plan in sept.

Harvey123
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:57 pm 
Post subject: About to start IVF / chat and plan in sept.
Hi ladies,

Just about to embark on the scarey but exciting journey of IVF. Have been trying for about 4 years but have unexplained infertility. Been refured to the Chaucer in canterbury and chat and plan booked for 14th Sept.

Anyone at the same stage ? Hubby being really supportive but would be good to hear from anyone else just starting.

Sue xxx
Minxymoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:35 am 
Post subject:
Hi we have been trying for 5 yrs and would have gone to the Chaucer except they have started to see poeple in my postcode at the Chelsfield Orpington.

We are having our second chat on the 17th Sept in June they said I'd have a better chance on Clomid again but we didn't.

And now I'm over the 30BMI I'm expecting them to turn us away again.

Oh the joy of being infertile.
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:05 pm 
Post subject:
(Just thought I'd say hi and ask if I can join in. I'm having a HSG in a couple of weeks and thats all of the background testing done for myself and oh. If the tests show up a problem in my tubes we will be having IVF within 3 months on the NSH but if all ok we are going to the Bourne Clinic to get things moving straight away.

I honestly never thought it would come to this. We have unexplained infertility which is such a weird thing to have....no fertility problems but we are still not able to get pregnant. I had a m/c Sept 08 after only 3 months half hearted trying and nothing since!!! I suppose it really doesnt matter how we do get pregnant so long as we do but it scares the heck out of me when I see that the statistics are not great for ivf success and it can take a number of times to get pregnant. I also thing that I have lost so much confidence in being able to get pregnant that its going to hold me back when going for IVF.

I am sorry to sound so pessimistic about it all but it seems the more you want something in life the harder it is to get it. Does anyone else feel like this?

Thanks x}

Hiya sue,

I've just cut and pasted my post from the IVF thread and just found your post so rather than rewrrite it all again I've stuck it in. I will hopefully be well on the road to ivf by Nov so it would be really good to have someone to chat to about it. My oh is great but I dont think he realises how much thinking time and energy I have put into this ttc thing. I have not gone for any promotions at work or made a huge effort to loose weight as every month I think its going to be the one!!! As time goes on I get more fed up and loose confidence so at this point I really dont think I would believe it if I did get pregnant. at least if there was a fertility problem I wouldnt feel so bad but as I'm 38 I am just presuming that my eggs are [*@!#%*]. Have you had all of the background checks done to make sure tubes and everything are ok?? You have been trying for a long time and that must really have taken its toll on you both.

good luck
x
rubylilly
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:16 pm 
Post subject:
Just want to wish you all the luck in the world!!!
I have been told that ivf is my only option now so I'm really interested in people's experiences.
Take care and good luck!

Teresa- I know exactly how you feel and can relate to what you have said. I'm 36, so worried about time too. Hopefully we will all be success stories for IVF!!! Very Happy
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hi All,

Thanks to you all for your support.

We had our chat & plan yesturday and all is good. Due to start at the end of this month and have got provisional date in place for BLS if all goes well.

Feeling really positive and getting lots of support from family and work.

Fingers crossed for the next few weeks.

Sue XXX
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Sue,

we are going for our IVF consult tmrw Shocked , did it 5 years ago, but things have changed alot since then. Soooo many forms to fill in.

Glad your OH is being good, and you have lots of support. Smile

Julie xx
Harvey123
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Julie,

Hope all went well with your IVF consult today. I agree soooooo many forms to fill in and just when you think you've signed your last they give you some more......

Still feeling really postive and can't wait to get started.

Finger crossed for you.

love
sue xx
breezer
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:19 am 
Post subject:
HI all,

thought I would say hello - I went for my consultation in June at Barts and was told had to wait about 18 weeks for icsi treatment - I am not known for my patience - so phoned Barts today and been told I should get phonecall/ letter in about two to three weeks to start treatment!!

Hopefully it seems there are at least a couple of us going through this rollercoaster of emotions at the same time - I have been reading the "anyone else doing ivf/ icsi" thread - for anyone else when you have time it is worth reading it has given me a real understanding of the what you go through - thanks to the ladies who posted on that thread has been really helpful Very Happy

If I have any useful info I will post - fore warned is fore armed - and let the battle against auntie flo commence Shocked Shocked
Harvey123
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:18 pm 
Post subject: Treatment started
Hi All,
Well this is it. Started treatment this weekend and did first injection today.

Was a bit nervous but all ok.
Still keeping positive about everything.

Take care

LOL

Sue xx
bikini
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:19 pm 
Post subject:
hi ladies,

we are waiting for ivf to for unexplained infertility and know exactly all the feelings and emotions that comes with it. like teresa we have been referred to Bourne Hall clinic in cambridge. we have a seminar on the 10th dec and first appointment 17th dec. still 2 and a half months to wait!! its an emotional waiting game. good luck to all xxx
rubylilly
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:04 pm 
Post subject:
Wow, you've started now then harvey. Very Happy
Good luck, I really hope it goes well for you. keep us posted.
Good luck to everyone else too. x x
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:39 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck harvey - keeping everything crossed for you (((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:56 pm 
Post subject:
Good
luck with your journey Harvey. How did you find the first jab? Not too painful i hope?

Julie xxx
teresa1
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:23 am 
Post subject:
Hi Harvey,

Your on the way...how exciting for you. lots of luck and keep us updates.
x
Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies.

Its so comforting to know that there are a few of us going through this together. Im 38 and me and my OH have been TTC for over 2 yrs now. We have been referred to the fertility clinic - we had our 1st appt 25th July and now have had all the tests/scans/bloods and SA taken . We go back to see the consultant on 22 oct for the outcome of all these results and then have to take it from there.

From what ive been told so far though there is no blockage in my tubes and i DO ovulate so would anyone know if you I am still likely to be given CLOMID type meds still...or has anyone progressed straight to IVF?? (WHich has already been metioned as the next step if meds were needed but didnt work)

Harvey - I will follow your progress closely....looks like youre the one to watch now so i sending lots and lots of babydust your way. good luck to all you other ladies who are aboard this rollercoaster too ! xxx
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular