About to start IVF / chat and plan in sept.

Harvey123
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:19 pm 
Post subject: All going well
Hi Ladies,

Its been a while since I've posted anything. Thank you for all your support.

Had BSL on 8th Oct and all going really well. Now on 2 injections a day, doent hurt just getting a bit bruised!!!!!!!!!

Next scan on monday the 19th, followed by 21st then 23rd with egg collection penciled in for the 26th. Family and hubby still being great and work giving lots of support.

Not had many side effects just feel more tired than usual and the ocasional mood swing which the girls at work though was hilarious !!!!!!

So far so good and keeping fingers crossed.

LOL to you all

Sue xx
Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:15 pm 
Post subject:
it all sounds as though its going like clockwork for you Sue which is great news and so positive for us all to know......i thought i knew all the abbreviations but you got me there with the 'BSL' ??? whats that? lol

wishing you all the luck in the world and will be looking for your updates after 21st x
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:40 am 
Post subject:
Hi

Harvey123 I just wanted to wish you luck for your treatment. Hope you get lots of eggies! x
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck Harvey - i hope it goes well for you.

Julie xx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
Harvey123
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:51 am 
Post subject: Update
Hi Ladies,

Its been a while since I've posted anything on here. Been going through a bit of a rollercoster ride but all going ok.

Had egg collection on friday and they managed to collect 3, 2 of which fertised so tranfer is booked for tomorrow.

Feeling really sore after the collection but everyone at the Chaucer is really helpful. Having a very lazy weekend trying to get body and mind ready for tomorrow and then for probably what will be the most stressful 2 weeks of our life.

Whole family has everything crossed and the knitting needles at the ready.

Fingers crossed

LOL to you all

Sue xx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:53 pm 
Post subject:
Fingers crossed for you Sue - sending lots of sticky vibes your way.xxx

Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:06 pm 
Post subject:
keeping everything crossed for you Sue...very best of luck tomorrow x

We had our follow up appts on thursday and it has finally been decided that they dont think IVF is the right option for us as my FSH level is too high Sad (julie woo - my GP had done the test as the wrong time of my cycle and thats why they were so different than the hospital ! )

The consultant was very honest and feels Clomid is the best option so im going to give that a try for 3 months and after that time will have a think about progressing to ICSI or IUI instead which is what was recommended. Will have to do some reading up on these as i concentrated on getting info on IVF so lots of reading for me and for the first time in years im now looking fwd to seeing AF so i can get started on the Clomid Confused Having said that i had a little bit of something there today when i wiped so i think i my be getting AF very early - just hope my cycles dont go all over the place with the stress at the moment ! Sad

take care all x
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun,
why was your cons saying ICSI? Does your OH have problems with his swimmers? ICSI is just IVF with sperm injection. I dont think i would bother with IUI as it has such a low success rate (about 10%).

I Would not be happy with your GP! How awful for you hunny Sad

Hugs,

Julie xxx

Harvey123
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:46 am 
Post subject: 2 week wait !!!!!
Well ladies this is it.
Had 2 embryos tranfered yesturday.

Niow have the agonising 2 week wait until I can to a pregnancy test !!!

This is going to be the longest two weeks for my life and theres nothing I can do to help things I just have to let my body take over from here and hope that everything works.

Keeping everything crossed.

LOL
Sue xxx
rubylilly
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:41 pm 
Post subject:
Ooohhh, how exciting! I imagine you're feeling lots of different emotions at present! Try and take it easy and do (gentle) things that you enjoy, to help keep your mind of it a little.
Good Luck! I really hope you get that BFP in a few weeks. Very Happy x x
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:39 pm 
Post subject:
Sue,
take it easy, and make sure you take time to relax! Get OH to do all the lifting carrying - i hope that BFP is on the way!

julie xx

AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I just posted on the other IVF link but just thought I'd say hi here too cos I'm new to all this IVF thing. Going to see doc on Mon then will hopefully be starting pretty soon after that!

Ally xx
Bexter73
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:34 pm 
Post subject: IVF
Hi, I thought that I could do this whole IVF thing on my own, but after 3 weeks of injecting I am realising that instead of getting easier it seems to be getting harder, so tonight I thought I would come into a forum and get some support from all you very brave ladies going through the same thing. I have just read Sues story and realised that she will be doing her pregnancy test in 2 days time. so I really wanted to say all the best to her and that I have everything crossed for you. I too am going through the Chaucer, I have to say they seem to be pretty great and so far I am really pleased with them. I did however get a bit of a panic on, I read way too much and have scared myself with the whole over stimulation thing! I figure everyone goes through this, I just don't know anyone I can chat to that has been through IVF. My OH is very supportive but I have been a bit moody and I feel a bit bad for him really because he must feel so helpless.

Good luck to you all. x

Bex
breezer
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hi to all,

though I would give aquick update - I remember before I started the IVF process I would hovver watching all the threads for any information to prepare!!

So it is only fair I give back to the community Laughing Laughing

Well now on day 9 of Buserelin injections and can honestly say they do not hurt - unless like this morning as you doing the injection the cat decides to use you leg as a scratching post (he almost got a toe where the sun don't shine!!)

Side effects are generally not too bad just feeling out of sorts and really impatient especially with the MIL (played on this a little) so hubby said may be wise to not go with him on the visit this weekend (so naughty, but gonna make the most of it Twisted Evil )

Only other side effect; AF which is regular is now two days late and boobs and bloated feeling that always get before AF is twice a bad as normal - got baseline scan booked for tueday 17th november so do not know what to do if no sign of AF by weekend? will probably call hospital tomorrow PM for advice.

It would be great to hear from all you other ladies going thorugh it - it strange I would not say I am an emotional person but feel like only person going through is and no one understands the mixed bag of emotions Embarassed
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:18 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun,
my AF was 7 days late while i was on the buserelin, so its quite normal. I'm now stimming, got my 1st follie count tmrw and i'm scared i wont have enough Sad

Its such a rollercoaster, and i'm trying to take one step at a time, but its hard. I also suspect i will need another couple of days on the menopur at extra cost. Shocked

You will find the menopur injections sting a bit - the buserelin is the easy part (well apart from the PMT)

Julie xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular