trying for baby no 3

kelly26
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:53 pm 
Post subject: trying for baby no 3
Just wanted to no if anyone else shares my problem i have 2 children 7 and 10 i am 26 and married to my partner of 10 years who is the farther of my youngest and we have decided we would love another child the only problem is my mum who feels the need to give me her opinion which is its a bad idea and she dose not want us to have one i dont rely on my mum for looking after my children because she has brought up me and my brother and this her time so i dont understand her but it is making it very hard for me Sad
HannahM
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Kelly,

Must be hard as parents are always a huge influencing factor in everyone's life but at the end of the day I guess its really up to you and your husband whether you decide to have another child or not.

Has your mum explained why she thinks its a bad idea?

Han x
kelly26
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:41 pm 
hi my mum has given lots of different reasons like it will be hard with 3 i wont be able to have a carear all different things i did try explain life is as hard as you make it and i explained that because i want a baby dose not have to mean that i can't do any thing else i have already looked in to a open uni course doing book keeping due to having 2 children all ready i would rather work at home so i can look after my children in school holidays and my husband only has 4 months left before he is a qualified plumber so i am really finding it hard it's not been a quick un thought out idea we have been thinking for almost 2 years but i am finding it hard because it seems to be driving a wedge between me and my mum but i want a baby more than anything and i would really like to be able to talk to my mum about this and how happy it would make me but i feel like a naughty school girl i no i was only 16 when i had my daughter and i wouldnt change her for the world or my son who i had at 18 but i just feel that all though she is right about a large age gap i think it would be lovely and i would have alot more time for a baby now they are at full time school can you understand or do you think im mental also Crying or Very sad
HannahM
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:46 pm 
Post subject:
not at all!

It sounds like you've really thought things through

Have you tried sitting down with your Mum and explaining your plans and how she's making you feel - maybe she just doesn't realise how important this is to you?

Han x
kelly26
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:59 pm 
Thank you so much for your advice do you think if i put it down in a letter it would be ok because i really dont like to feel like im upsetting or maybe even letting her down or disapointing her because she is my mum and i love her and do value her opinions and respect her greatly because if it wasnt for my mum i wouldnt be the mum or person i am today
HannahM
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:06 pm 
Post subject:
I'm sure that would be a really great way to get your point of view across because then you can say exactly what you want to say to her without either of you getting upset or misunderstanding.

Good luck with it - i'm sure that when she sees how important this is to you she'll understand.

Hx
kelly26
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:18 pm 
Thank you and i will post a reply and let you no how it went
HannahM
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:22 pm 
Post subject:
please do - hope it all works out
x
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:21 am 
Post subject:
hope it goes OK - I'd start your letter off with what you said above about why you think a letter is a good idea. I'm sure she will understand.

Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular