got consult app for lap & dye

NyandAnil
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:54 am 
Post subject: got consult app for lap & dye
hi guys, as u may know i had a tubal reversal in may, been ttc for 4 months now, 3 of them on clomid - nothing. My gynae doc asked me to go back to my doc and get a referal for a lap and dye. app came through yest for beginning of nov, this will be a consult only as its at 3pm. Has anyone had a lap and dye - what happens, how long does it take and will i need time off work ( more than the day i have it done ) x
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:01 am 
Post subject:
Hi Nylee, I was wondering how you were doing, I havent the foggiest about a lap & dye, but just wanted to say good luck hun, at least you will find out if things are working right, no scare for me yet unfortunately, only got 2 months left of trying as cons gave us 6 months to concieve, xxx
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:13 am 
Post subject:
heroes wrote:
Hi Nylee, I was wondering how you were doing, I havent the foggiest about a lap & dye, but just wanted to say good luck hun, at least you will find out if things are working right, no scare for me yet unfortunately, only got 2 months left of trying as cons gave us 6 months to concieve, xxx

Hi Karen, nice to hear from you. to be honest with you i have only had 3 chances as i didnt ov the first month, ive given myself 6 months before i get worried really - although every month i get my af i get really down. Hows things been for you.. Nyree
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:22 am 
Post subject:
I just noticed I spelled your name wrong sorry !! Yeah things are ok I think, Im the same as you I get very disheartened every time AF comes, but I start work next week at my Daughters school as well as going to college which I desperately need so I dont go mad over this ttc malarkey lol, what will they do when you go for your lap & dye, have they explained it to you? and how long after do you get the results? xx
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:34 am 
Post subject:
thats good about the job at daughters school. sanity is a great help when ttc but seems to go out of the window ! i think they put dye up through your cervix into your tubes to check they are clear, im sure they tell you there and then. im not sure if they treat any blockages there and then or if you have to go back. Have u managed to get a break/hol this year, any caravan hols?
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:38 am 
Post subject:
Yes we went to Great Yarmouth, the weather was great, was happy to come home though this time as I was totally knackered and needed the rest, I think my OH thinks im wonderwoman. I ask about the lap & dye because when I had my reversal done the cons said there and then that my tubes were open & that the op was a success, can the tubes block up so quick after then? its so confusing, If mine are blocked then there is no chance at all for anymore babies as hubby wouldnt go down any more routes.
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:46 am 
Post subject:
pm'd you x
Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:34 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

I had a lap and dye last May. Appart from having taught two sons of the anethesist and also the son of the theatre sister it was fine (very embarassing)! It is very quick. I had to be at the hosp for 12 and went to theatre about 2 or so. They do fill you up with air so they can see what is what and that is soooo uncomfortable afterwards. I had one week of school and then it was half term so I managed to get two weeks rest and I needed it. Make sure you wear something very loose fitting around your stomach. Peppermint tea and soda water help a bit in relieving the air. Be prepared for terrible pain in your shoulder when the air is trying to escape. I don't know why it hurts your shoulder though.

I hope it all goes well and that the nurses etc are as nice as mine were.

Fiona
NyandAnil
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:01 pm 
Post subject:
thanks ericthe cow

Jump to:  

Community

Popular