Tiny bit of blood and mucous

fizzby
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:04 am 
Post subject: Tiny bit of blood and mucous
Hello,

New to this board - sorry for the gory subject title!

Right here goes. Have a 15 year old son, so am on my second pregnancy. Found out two days ago that am 7 and a half weeks pregnant - I am 39 and my partner is 41 and this will be HIS first baby. He is over the moon and has already told his entire family and despite having 11 grandchildren with her other three children - his mum cried she was so pleased.

Last night I had the TINIEST bit of blood mixed with mucous discharge. I was panicky and immediately put my feet up and got some rest and there has been no sign of blood or anything since. I am too scared to tell my other half because I think he will panic and be SO disappointed. Should I go to the docs and get checked out?

I know its normal to have a show of blood during the early weeks, but I also know given my age, and the fact that I have PCOS and the fact that I am a RAPIDLY REDUCING smoker that the risks for miscarriage are high - has anyone else had this or is it something I should be worried about ?

Sorry to start my time on the board with a yucky question but could do with some advice!

thanks,

Em

It just seemed
MrsNash
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:21 pm 
Post subject: Blood in early pregnancy
Hi there,

Yes I would most certainly get this checked out. Some people experience blood in early pregnancy that can be implantation bleeding. I always think that any blood should most certainly be checked out.

Good luck!

Nina
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Em

I agree with Nina - definitely get yourself checked out.

Also - maybe this should be the incentive you need to give up smoking completely? At least that's one added risk you can completely control - there's not a lot you can do about your age Laughing

Hope it's all OK

Anna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular