Baby not growing enough

Lizan
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:21 pm 
Post subject: Baby not growing enough
Sad My sister's is now 28 weeks pregnant and found out that her baby is now only weighing 600g and should weigh 1000g. Is there someone else out there that had this problem or know anything about this problem. I would like to chat to you and just find out what your outcome was. The doctor says that everything looks fine and can not see anything wrong except for the fact that baby is very small. The whole family is worried and want to know more. Dr says we have to monitor baby - at this stage the placenta is still fine.
MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:21 pm 
Post subject:
i know so many people who wre told during pregnancy that there baby was 'too small' i was one of them and my babies weighed 7lb 14oz and 8lb 11oz.

they are never accurate with there growth predictions, i got told every single week that i was measuring small they gace me a scan said i had low fluid which was why i was measuring small and that the baby was also quite small, my 2 best friends got told the same, they were all average size babies
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:34 pm 
Post subject:
I think in most cases the midwives scare u for no reason. I was told my baby was too small, measuring alot smaller than it should be and to expect a 5lbs baby.

I was sent for a growth scan 2wks before having a c section and was told the placenta was dying and the babys stomach was too small, therefor, the placenta obviously wasnt feeding the baby properly!!

After I sat crying for an hr with my mum waiting for an explanation of what they were going to do and worried if the baby was ok, i was then told by another midwive it was nothing to worry about, the baby was slightly smaller than average, the placenta always looks old at that stage and just that i would have a baby that weighed around 5lbs

My baby weighed 6lbs 1 and a half oz..... perfectly healthy!!

Ur sister still has plenty of time for the baby to grow! Im sure its nothing to worry about!!
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:50 am 
Post subject:
hi i was told at 20week scan baby is very small, but dad is only 5ft5 and im 5ft7, they said they wanted me to go to growth scan at about 25 weeks, saw midwife all is fine, no need for growth scan, baby was growing, but was going to be small, and has little legs ha ha, as long as baby is healthy try not to worry, you might get a growth spurt on, and get bigger as weeks go on, good luck xx
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:18 pm 
Post subject:
I was told with my 1st pregnancy that my baby was to small and not growing enough even to the point when they said they would have to deliver me early cos my baby wasnt getting enough to survive. They gave me about 3 weeks and when i went back everything was fine. My baby was born at 40+2 and weighed 7lbs 5oz so i would def tell her not to panic.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular