baby acne?

hungrymum09
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:03 am 
Post subject: baby acne?
amelia seems to have broken out in spots and is looking like a teenager! googled it in and ive come accross something called baby acne? has anyones elses LO had this ? just wondering what i can do to help clear it....
xxKatxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:09 am 
Post subject:
never heard of it tbh I would take her straight to doc and see what they suggest.
xxx

hungrymum09
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:49 pm 
Post subject:
i think im turning into a neurotic mother and shes only 4 weeks old....got the docs next week so ill bring it up if shes still spotty! x
MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:22 pm 
Post subject:
Frey had spots on her body when she was a new born, its just their skin getting used to the outside and is perfectly harmless.
Have your HV check it out if your really worried though hun Very Happy
Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:40 am 
Post subject:
Lucy had this when I breastfed, something to do with hormones passing through the milk, although this isn't the case with all breastfed babies obviously, just an unlucky few!
Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, Lucas had this too. It started when he was 3 weeks old and lasted for a few weeks. They were like angry looking white heads on his face but he also had them all over his chest and belly and a few on his back. They didn't seem to bother him though - I think they bothered me more as people would want to see my gorgeous newborn and would more often than not say 'oh' as soon as they saw him. There's nothing you can do for them and definitely don't pick/pop them. I was told that they'd clear up by 3 months but they went in 2-3 weeks x
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:56 pm 
Post subject: Baby acne
Baby acne may be present at birth. In most cases, however, it will develop within two to four weeks after birth. It may last for a few days or a few weeks, though some cases may stick around for several months.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Children's Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular