Baby Eczema Help

MumSar
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:32 pm 
Post subject: Baby Eczema Help
Hello,

My 6mo has really bad eczema. red patches all over arms and torso.
i've tried everything GP suggested (Aqueous, Diprobase, Doublebase, Oilatum and E45) and nothing seems to help... in fact some of the creams seemed to make it really angry and worse for my ds.

read about something called Salcura (onlybestforbaby.com/blog/2012/01/treating-baby-eczema)

was just wondering had tried it? if so, would you recommend it?...

any other suggestions, advice would be much appreciated. hate seeing my ds in distress.
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ya, my dd also suffers with eczema.

She had it from a very early age on i tried everything.

The thing i found best so far is Eczemol (its a white liquid you put in the bath) this was recomended to my dr by a dermatoligist (my dr asked for advise coz nothing else worked) I also use cetomacragol cream on her (i get both on prescription0. My dr did recomend somthing else thats very slippery (like axel greese) cant remember the name of it but i would have had to get it from the hospital.

My lo ended up being alergic to egg and latex. As soon as i cut out ALL egg forms she got so much better (she looked like another baby). Have you tried cutting out anything with your LO? Most common is dairy, wheat, gluten and egg.

Also with your LO's clothing dont use fabric softner. Only use half the amount of detergant as it says o the bottle. (i did this untill her eczema was muc better- now i use 2 in 1 and shes ok with it)

A good website to look at is www.itchybaby.com

I can recomend the scratch sleeves, that was fab .

Good luck.

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:29 pm 
Post subject:
I would push for allergy testing, my friends little boy has suffered for over 2 years with terrible eczema, to the point she would take him to a&e with every bad flare up as she was getting no where. the eventually tested him and hes allergic to all animals with fur, trees and grass.

she also finds its worse when he is not very well.

booboo5
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:50 pm 
Post subject: atopic exzema
hi my 8mth old lb has just been diagnosed with atopic exzema after been under the care of the doc for 4 mth for a rash as they said at first hes been on numerous creams that dint work diprobase, fucidin, fucidin h, epiderm, n e45 he finally referred us to a dermotologist which we were meant to go see on the 20th feb this yr (week a monday ) however last week we had a particully bad week he dint sleep and was scratchin so bad i ad to phone n ask for more help with him. we were given the wet wrap treatment and got our appointment brought forward to wednesday just gone where the dermotologist finally told us wat it was "atopic exzema" we were give a hydrocorsitone steriod for his face n scalp and emuvate for his front back legs and arms which we have to apply 2 times a day n continue to moisturise with diprobase 3-4 times daily he baths in either oilatum junior or diprobath n gets washed with the lardy epiderm then wi apply epiderm cream n his wet suits, we were told about how he will most likly have a few allergic reactions to certain things and could develop asthma however my lb is already on inhalers for his chest wen its bad.... we see a exzema nurse and peadiatrcian on the 20th. im now in the process of tryin to get finacial help so i can get his bedroom sorted out n try to make our home as fresh as possible ... iv hated seein him suffer wud be gratfull if anybody cud share there experiences n advice n just general support if needed xx Wink
MamaKaren
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:07 pm 
Post subject: Salcura worked us...
Hello MumSar (and everyone else)

My dd had really bad eczema when from about 2 months old. I changed washing powders and tried all the usual prescribed creams too. Then heard about Salcura Gentle, gave it a go and it sorted it out immediately. and is great cos not steroids, cortisones, alcohol or anything like that. My dd is now 2 and half and hasn't had a flare up for a while now but i always use a bit of the spray if her skin feels a bit dry -like in weather like this.

They do free samples from their website so I would say it is definitely worth trying it.
Hope it works for you too. good luck X
MumSar
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:13 pm 
Post subject: Thank you
Thanks so much for all the advice and suggestions.

Been trying the Salcura Gentle -just using their free samples at the mo. is definitely helping.

If it comes back will go back to GP and demand alergy testing.

Thanks again xx
Wringle
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:37 pm 
Post subject:
In some cases eczema can occur along with diseases like asthma and hay fever. When this seems to be the case, keeping the child's surrounding clear of the allergen should become a main priority, and once that allergen is gone, often the eczema clears up along with the underlying disease.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Children's Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular