Pregnancy Symptoms and irregular periods but negative tests

KJ24
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:19 am 
Post subject: Pregnancy Symptoms and irregular periods but negative tests
Hi,

This is my second post on here so I thought i'd try and get some advice. My periods have always been regular up until 3 months ago. I have always been a day early for every period.
Suddenly I found myself 3 days late for my period in august. September i came on 8 days early and then last month i came on 4 days early. I am due on today but have had no signs of it so far. I appear to be growing and I can feel what I can only describe as cramps but a lot higher up than usual. if I feel my stomach there appears to be a swelling there but I did a pregnancy test the day I came on last month and it came back negative, yet I had more pregancy signs last month, I was vomiting, I went off coffee and went to tea and the smell of my favourite cleaning agent made me sick. I am wondering if it is me? Am I imagining this? I know it is possible to be pregnant and still have periods, but all the other females in my family got pregant easily and all their pregnancies were similar nothing like what I have been going through

With all this going on could I be pregnant? Can anyone help me its driving me up the wall

Confused
sharonkelly
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:08 pm 
Post subject:
Oh My Word! I'm so pleased I read your entry - I'm experiencing much of the same. My partner and I have only just started trying but for the first time in 2 years I was late on my period this month - the month after I started trying! I did a pregnancy test but it was negative. When I did come on (4 days late) it was different to normal, not as heavy, but I feel shocking. The main thing that's concerned me is the same as what you said - I have like a cramp in my stomach but it's nowhere near where I normally get my period pain. It's really high up in my stomach and just aches all day. I've been going to the toilet more often, I have sore breasts and my stomach feels hard. I also feel really tired and worn out and I haven't been doing anything! No idea what's going on and I'm sorry I can't offer any answers, but I'm pleased that it's not just me and I'm not going mad! I wish you all the best.

Sharon x
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:46 am 
Post subject:
Hi both

have a look through the other threads - it seems its very common, this power of the brain. I know what its like (went through it for 14 months before finally getting pregnant!) and I truly believe that your brain tricks you into pregnancy symptoms when you really want to be pregnant.

Sorry!! I know its not what you want to hear - but you're not going mad, we've all had it! Not a lot you can do except try to relax about the whole thing (easier said than done) and believe the tests when you take them.

Good luck on your efforts Very Happy

Anna
KJ24
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:44 pm 
Post subject: New Feelings? Unsure of?
Hi,

Was looking for some advice really, i've posted some messages on here before but i'm still in the same predicament as I was before. I thought I was pregnant me and my partner have been ttc for 4 months now. Last month I was a week late, I really thought I was pregnant. I have had really irregular periods for the last 3 or 4 months. Mostly becasue I was early. Up until august my periods have been regular as clockwork. A day early every month without fail. I had some symptoms in October that really felt like I was pregnant. Sickness, sore boobs, going off certain foods etc. Then I came on 5 days early. Novemebr was the worst month for me though I was due on the 8th and booked an appointment with the doc for the 14th cos I was in pain all around my stomach. I did a HPT test, it wasn't a morning test but it came back negative. I told my doc I wasn't convinced in the HPT's but she assured me she believed in them 100%. She did tell me that if I didn't have a proper period that month to test again in 2 weeks. I came on that afternoon but it only lasted for 2 days rather than my regular 5-6days.

She thinks I may have gallstones which would explain my swollen stomach but not the other symptoms. I haven't tested since the 14th because i'm afraid it will come back negative.

Doc has booked me a scan for gallstones which is next wedensday. Do you think there is any chance that if they are doing an ultrasound scan for the gallstones that they would pick up a pregnancy? I'm clutching at straws I guess. I would make the perfect christmas present for me and my partner to find out we were having our first baby.

Please help.

Thanks

KJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular