v.reversal sucess stories please!

Lillyboo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:31 pm 
Post subject: v.reversal sucess stories please!
Hello Everyone...

I'm having a really confused/negative day and would like to hear any v. reversal sucess stories please?!?!?

Thanks xx
HoneyNurse
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:24 pm 
Post subject:
My OH had his original op 13 years ago when he was with his 1st wife....he is now with me have been together for nearly 5 years..and we decided we wanted our own family....so in may he had a reversal....we had to have nookie for 6 weeks and did a sample after 6 weeks and it was 2 milltion....i know its a low count..but its amazing after 13 years of being infertile....so we were really pleased..we are due to do our next sample but because we are working so many shifts at the moment we dont have time!!!
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:13 am 
Post subject:
hiya,

Thanks for your reply - yes I know that feeling we seem to work so much I wonder how we will ever fit in more having more children!

That is positive after all that time, I bet you were pleased, we are going for consultation next week with hope to have the op at the end of the year - feel really aprehensive all of a sudden though - and keep taking it out on oh which is not good, seeing as he is doing all he can to rectify the situation! really worried it won't work and we will have wasted all that money and how it will effect us as a couple (sorry thats a bit deep!)

How was your oh with the op?
hopingforamiracle
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:33 am 
Post subject:
HI Rachieroo.

Reversals are a lot more successful now then they were years ago. My hubby had the snip in 1994, and reversal in about 2000. Due to other problems we didn't get our BFP until June 2007, but the reversal has been a success, as you can see by my ticker I am currently 34+ weeks. Our little bundle of joy is due on the 24th October.

Good Luck, I hope everything works out for you.

Lisa
xx
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:14 am 
Post subject:
WOW Congratulations!

bet you can't wait for baby to be born! Thanks for your reply there is light at the end of the tunnel then! - I expect you have had a rough few years getting to this point its such a difficult thing to deal with.

its lovely to hear good news! xx
heroes
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi rachieroo, its Karen (heroes), well my story is, when I met my hubby 11 years ago he'd had the snip 6-7 years before we met, he knew I wanted to have more children so (fast forward) he had the reversal 7 years ago and now we have our beautiful Daughter Chloe together who is 6, so theres a success story for you. When he had the reversal the cons said there was only a 10% chance of success as only one side of his you know what was working, I got a bfp within the next 2 months but unfortunately I mc'ed, however I did get a BFP with my little girl a few months later, so dont get disheartened, it can happen, usually when we least expect it, good luck hun, and dont get thinking negative, we must think positive xxxxx
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:20 pm 
Post subject: Reversal success
Hi everyone,
I was previously married had three lovely children two boys and one girl. When my marriage ended i straight away regretted my previous steralisation. I later met the man of my dreams who took to my three children like they was his own. After long consideration and thought we decided to have the reversal despite being told the odds was against us as i had polisistic ovaries too we went ahead and had it reversed. Six months later i concieved and i am currently ten weeks pregnant i have had two scans but upto yet all is going well. my advise to woman is to go for it yes the odds are against us but it may work for you and if it does its all been worth it i feel lucky and estatic to be carrying my partners baby all my dreams have come true.
good luck
Lillyboo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:27 pm 
Post subject:
hey karen

thanks for your story! i love the name chloe too! - since we decided on the reversal i've been really positive but I think I'm just nervous about the appointment and the fact that we have to go down this route! my oh's ex wife is orwful and its reallt upsets me that she had it so easily and its so difficult for us!

I'm sure we will get there in the end!! thanks again! xx
glowlight
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:23 am 
Post subject:
Hi,

I've just found this forum. My husband had his vasectomy reversed in June 2005, just under five years after he had the "snip". It wasn't until three and a half years after his reversal that I finally discovered that I was pregnant, this January. The result was born on August 23rd, our third daughter, Lillian:

seen here on the postnatal ward, eleven hours old, with her two elder sisters. Smile

She is more than worth the wait. Very Happy

I hope this gives some hope to those of you still waiting - I hope not as long as we had to, but never say never!

Good luck to you all. Smile
ClairaBell
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:56 am 
Post subject:
Rachie, Ian had his initial op about 8 years ago while still in his first marriage. We got together and this Feb Ian had his reversal. He had his first SA in May and it showed he had 27 million sperm and 30% motility. So now all we need is to get his sperm and my egg to meet and are good to go! lol. xxxxx It was wonderful the day we received the letter from our consultant saying that the op was a success Very Happy
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:09 pm 
Post subject:
My DH had his op yesterday. Been a bit tearful and down since then thinking what will happen if it doesn't work but i'm trying to stay positive. Reading this thread has bumped my positivity up 100%.
Thanks, it's good to read it can and has happened.
x
Lillyboo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:07 am 
Post subject:
Hello everyone...........

Lovely to read your sucess story's - and see the photo proof!!!!
Really raised my Postive thinking!!!!! keep the story's coming please!!!

xxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular