desperate to have a baby

change
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:41 pm 
Post subject: desperate to have a baby
i had a reversal done about 17 years ago and now would like the chance of a baby with my partner i would like some ones help to find out how much this will cost and where and who do we talk to i live in thwe newcastle area can any body help us please
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:43 am 
Post subject:
Hello,

and welcome to Askbaby. Very Happy

Firstly, you need to go and see your GP and talk to him. He will probably take some blood to check your hormone levels to check your ovarian reserve and to see if you are ovulating. If you and your partner dont have any children together, you may very well be entitled to a reversal operation on the NHS - depending on the PCT, your GP may be able to refer you and get the ball rolling.
If you are not, however, you will have to go private. Expect to pay between 3500 and 4000ish for this procedure. There are a few hosptital in the Newcastle area offering it. I know both Nuffield hospitals in newcasle and washington offer it.
There are NO guarantees. And sometimes IVF is the better route if you are under 40.
PLease talk this over with your partner and your GP before making any decsions.

I hope this helps, take care,

Julie xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular