Brilliant Travel cot

twinverness
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:08 pm 
Post subject: Brilliant Travel cot
Hi, just to let everyone know, if you're pushed for space or have multiple babies, the samsonite travel cot is the business. Very Happy . We have twins and holiday in our touring caravan, it folds away in a wee bag and they come in blue, pink or coffee colours. Available in boots. There are 2 samsonites available. One up to approx 6 months and the bigger one which is called the bubble from 6 months +. Cheers!
Stitch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:16 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks, that'll be really helpful for us.

You wouldn't happen to know of a good buggy for twins would you? We've had a look around and can't find a side-by-side one that you can use from newborn. We don't like the idea of a tandem one.

twinverness
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:22 pm 
Post subject: Twin Buggy
Hi, we bought an 'Emmalunja' pram. It's side by side, very compact compared to other twin prams. You can buy extras for it such as carry cots, which can they be turned into cosytoes when they've grown out of them. The pockets are brilliant, but the basket underneath isn't the easiest to access. Also has a mosquito net attached to the hood for those hot balmy evenings. Ha! Ha! the pram is made in scandanavia so is very robust for british weather ie: wind and rain. I would recommend this pram to anyone who asks. It's good for the town too, but the wheels don't swivel, but I don't think many twin prams have swivel wheels, only buggies.

When are you due?
Stitch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:15 pm 
Post subject:
29th September. Getting really excited.

twinverness
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:19 pm 
Post subject: twins
excellent! I'm really excited for you. It is hard work but extremely rewarding. Ours are 6 months and interacting with each other, making each other giggle etc, it's so funny. Good luck. If you get a chance when you've had them, let me know what you have. My email is twinverness@btinternet.com. And in the meantime if you have any questions just send me an email! Very Happy Julia
Stitch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:21 pm 
Post subject:
thanks very much. Will let you know when they're born. What are yours and what names did you pick?

twinverness
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:11 pm 
Post subject: twins
We had a boy and girl, Archie and Florrie. i was 38wks plus 1 day. Induced at 38 weeks. Archie was 6;5ibs and Florrie was 7.25ibs I know, it's heavy for twins, My bump was enormous, like i'd swallowd a space hopper. Richard said it looked like a comedy bump. Really skinny legs and this BUMP! Do you know what you're having? You must be really feeling the strain now. What dide effects are you having. I just remember the breathlesness and restless leg syndrome. It drove me mad. Mad . Whats your name and where do you live?
Stitch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
We don't know, we want it to be a surprise. Yeh, the bump is making it's presence felt, it's like they're playing football with my bladder. Have had quite a bit of heart burn and backache but seem to be relatively unscathed compared to some others i've talked to.

I'm Kathy and live in Surrey/Llangollen. I am a med-student taking two years out before returning to my studies and my husband has just qualified as a doctor.

MichelleP
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:18 am 
Post subject:
Stitch, if you're still looking for a twin pushchair I've heard the Maclaren Twin Techno is good. It sits the twins side by side but is quite compact so allows you to get through normal doorways.

If I remember correctly it's reduced on the Mothercare website but sure you could get hold of one on Ebay too if you wanted to save some money.
Stitch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:26 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks, will have a look.

Drboyo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:34 pm 
Post subject:
My wife had twin girls on the 10/07/08 (Sophia Elizabeth and Evie Mae). After months of research we bought a Phil and Teds E3 Twin Side by Side. I've been using this pushchair for over a week now and absolutely love it. It lies completely flat and the cocoon extras are great for newborns. I found the pram for about 350 on babyzoop.co.uk

The girls were born at week 36 and were 5lb 2oz and 5lb.

I am also looking for a travel cot solution to use for both girls together, they hate being apart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Travel with your Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular