help needed..

lorri45
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:11 pm 
Post subject: help needed..
Hi, im new to this but my problem is im 45 now and my periods have always been exactly on time every month either 26 or 28 days, but last month i didnt get one and im now 20days late i did loads of pregnancy tests but all negitive so i went to the doctor last monday to see if it was the start of menorpause or could i be pregnant as i had unprotected sex and i have all signs for pregnancy like feeling nausea through outthe day, gone of food, my boobs have grown and im getting lots of stomach camps but i dont have any kind of sign for the menorpause all my doctor said was the tests would be right take another this weekend and if it positive this time make another appointment Crying or Very sad i just dont know what to do now as ive never missed a period and a friend says all her tests came back negitive and she had a blood test in the end which was positive yet my doctor never offered me even a blood test its really getting me down now because altho i feel pregnant im starting to think its all down to my age and its all in my mind. also after seeing my doctor on the monday when i went to the toilet tuesday morning i had a spot of brownish blood no more than a finger nail size does anyone know what this could mean ? any advice would be greatly appreciated .
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:37 pm 
Post subject:
The spot of blood could be an implantation bleed, although it seems very late if you are 20 days late. The only conclusive things would either be for your af to start or to have a blood test. If I would you I would make another gp appointment and insist on a blood test - for some people it takes a while for the hormone to show up in the urine, but a blood test can tell you exactly what your level is. I hope this has helped a bit, and I hope you get the test. Good luck.

lorri45
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:32 pm 
Post subject:
thankyou for your reply millwallrose, im starting to get quite worried now just not knowing i have phoned my gp again today and made appointment for monday to see the nurse see if i get any luck with her i'll update once i know whats what once again thanks x
rosie36
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:25 pm 
Post subject:
i wish you the very best of lucklorri!!! xxx Wink
Wishes
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:44 am 
Post subject:
Hi Lorrijb

I am in a similar position to you. 42, desperately trying! Regular as clockwork, but last period was 13 May 2008. Had slight spotting mid June. Nothing since. Have several symptoms: headaches, nausea but have only been sick a few times, sore breasts. I have done three tests all of which say negative. Going to the Doctors on Tuesday and asking for a blood test.

Good luck with your appointment.
lorri45
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:11 am 
Post subject:
Thanks rosie.....
Wishes good luck for tuesday you will have to let me know how you got on, i'm hoping my nurse will help me out monday as well,its really getting me down now fed up with buying tests and just saying negitive yet i feel pregnant apart from being sick,but everyday especially in the evening i feel sooo nauseus im going bed early just to stop the feeling. also my boyfriend felt inside me last night and he says he could feel a little lump like the size of a pea so thats worrying me now wondering what that could be because he says he has not noticed it before Confused good luck anyway wishes xx
Wishes
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lorrijb

Try not to worry, there is only a few more days until you see the nurse and she will be able to advice.

I've decided that if a blood test isn't offered, I will ask for one - don't see how they can refuse without a good reason.

Good luck - fingers crossed for Monday.

Wishes xx
Wishes
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lorribj

How did it go with the Nurse? Were you able to get that blood test?

Wishes x
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hi lorrijb, did the nurse help at all? And good luck for tommorrow wishes.

lorri45
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:44 pm 
Post subject:
Crying or Very sad just to update on whats happened so far...well like i said i was with the nurse yesterday turns out my doc is testing me for thyroid to see if its messed my hormones up but i no noooo way is it that i asked the nurse if she could do the blood test to check see if im pregnant and she said she cant its more than her jobs worth unless the doctors as stated so i am soooo down now as still dont no anything not done anymore pregnancy tests as the negitives are really getting me down now i asked to make another appointment with another doctor as wasnt happy with the one i saw and they cant till 4th august so looks like i got to wait till then to find out anything unless something ellse happens in the mean time ..... im now nearly 8 weeks late on friday now Crying or Very sad i no this sounds probably silly but can the home tests always turn negitive even if your pregnant ??? i still have cramps in stomache,swollen boobs,feeling sick every day altho not been sick and all other signs Crying or Very sad
lorri45
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:46 pm 
Post subject:
sorry wishes forgot to ask how did you get on ??? any better than i did ???? x
Wishes
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lorrijb

Doctors who was very sympathetic, he said asked if I had done a pregnancy test as felt the symptoms were poiinting that way, explained that I had and were negative, did another test at doctors - again negative, so I have to return tomorrow morning to get HCG blood levels checked - apparently the test has to be taken in the morning. Wait five working days and then the nurse can give me the results over the phone!! So its wait and see.

Doctor did say that periods can stop for up to six months for no reason, but they couldn't investigate or refer me to a consultant until after six months - assuming HCG test is negative!

Sorry you didn't get anywhere with your doctors and have to wait until August! Poor you. Will let you know how it goes.

Wishes x

Last edited by Wishes on Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
bunny79
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:19 am 
Post subject:
good luck i am sorry i can't offer any advice i am in limbo at the moment but only 4 days late, very sore boobies but brown and red spotting which i am bracing myself to be AF but i dont know keep us posted xxxxxxxxxx
Wishes
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

Had blood test on Wednesday, supposed to ring up on Tuesday for results, but AF turned up on Friday!! Just my luck - not sure what to make of the last 9 weeks and all the symptoms I was having!

Lorrijb - good luck! Let us know how you go.

Wishes x
lorri45
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all, just popped to say still cant find out anything Crying or Very sad i phoned docs yesterday see if my thyroid test was normal which i had done and they say its normal no probs there..i'm now late for my 2nd months period sooooo now im worried ive made a appointment with a new surgery as not happy with the one im with so hopefully they will put my mind at ease by end of week because the docs surgery im with says they dont do the hcg blood test only a urine one which ive already done so there no point they say ..today i had a really heavy feeling in my groins and for the last few days i feel soooo tired i could sleep for ever which is unusual for me as im quite active and dont usually need sleep lots....i will pop back by end of week to let you all no how i get on at the new surgery .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular