How long sleeping

Hannahdaddy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:36 pm 
Post subject: How long sleeping
Our lovely six day old girl goes to sleep well at night. At presant we wake her so feeds are no longer than four hours apart. Can we leave her to sleep longer as she is feeding well?
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:30 am 
Post subject:
I have had this debate with 2 or 3 midwives so far, as some have said we need to wake our 11-day old for 4 hourly feeds and others said never wake a sleeping baby at night. After lots of discussions with them and with mothers, we have decided to just leave her until she wants food. It seems to be working ok. She will often go 5 hours between feeds at night. We are just enjoying the chance to sleep at the moment. If she is feeding well and is healthy I see no reason why not to leave her at night, you might just find you have to feed more during the day.

With our Poppy we also have the problem that if we try to wake her it can take a good 2 hours to wake her properly, feed, wind and settle again, so by the time we put her down it would be nearly time for another feed if we stuck to the 4 hour rule.

LD

Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:08 am 
Post subject:
Babes will wake when hungry so dont worry too much and if you want to let her sleep longer then go for it. There is such a huge debate over this issue!! I wish Id left Hunter to sleep as long as he wanted, trying to feed after waking him up was just hopeless and I wouldnt do it again. Lucky you to have a good sleeper!! Enjoy your wee poppet.
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:45 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the advice. We will try to see if she wants to sleep a little longer tonight and see how it goes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular