Hi all!! I got this feeling...

aimee87
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:25 pm 
Post subject: Hi all!! I got this feeling...
hi everyone,

my names aimee and im 21. not last month but the month before i missed a period. nothing came of it as i came on last month as normal,ive been on the contraceptive mini pll for well over 2 years and the last say 6 months ive been getting later and later starting my period which i thought was normal for me.so anyway me and my partner went away to wales on the 28th of june to celebrate our anniversary. of course things happened (either tuesday or wednesday) and i was on the last few days of my packet. took my last pill on wednesday so me being me was due on give or take latest sunday. It is now Saturday and still nothing, i was a little concerned earlier last week so i took a test on wednesday. Came out negative.

But before i took the test i had this gut feeling initially, couldnt describe it but i wasnt saticefied with the result.

i cant really tell if ive had any symptoms as my body is funny enough as it is. for example urinating more frequently, well if i drink a couple of cups of coffee sometimes im going every five mins it seems. I have a large appetite usually although it has been up and down the last week and im not as hungry as i usually am. finally when i was abit younger i used to wrech or heave in the mornings particularly and sometimes throughout the day for no apparent reason, so when i did it today and some of yesterday again i thought nothing of it as for me it can be the norm, but some might consider it a sign of feeling nuecious. i enjoy my sleep so i dont feel particularly tired and back ache i did hurt my back a good three weeks ago and it still hurts now, also have tooth ache but that could be a sensitive tooth.

So far nothing is tender but i have noticed a wierd sensation diagonally down from my belly button towards my left hip the size of a two pence piece almost feeling like either someone is poking me just in that area, or i only have kind of a cramp sensation or a bloaty feeling almost. that started two nights ago and was at random intervals throughout yesterday and also i felt it when i walked. this has since shifted more to the middle now and a lttle to the right and feels more bloated then anything. i had a tiny dizzy spell but nothing major.

those are all my possible physical symptoms but its not that that concerns me. whats getting me thinking is that i have a very strong feeling that i am. i cant explaine it at all but most of the time i feel utterly convinced,something just feels different this time and i cant explaine it. but on the flip side i feel like im thinking about it too much which is convincing myself! but still i just feel different.

sorry for the long windedness i just hope someone has just listened (or read) and have any advice, oh i got two more tests which one im taking tomorrow as its three days since the last one, and i got a doctors appointment monday which im taking a sample into regardless of the result i get tomorrow morning.

thanks in advance

Aimee
PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Aimee hun, welcome to the forum
Are you ttc?
You sound like you have done the right thing in booking an app at the docs Smile
When I fell preg with my son I knew I was preg from the moment I conceived (well before a test would have showed a positive)
It was gut instinct Smile
Keep us posted hun, take care xx

yummymummy2008
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:42 pm 
Post subject:
good luck to you huns.
xxx
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:32 am 
Post subject:
Have you retested yet? Whenever I am pregnant I always know it before a test, so when I got a negative I held on and 2 days later got a positive. Fingers crossed you are!

Wishes
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:42 pm 
Post subject:
Good Luck Aimee.

Wishes x
aimee87
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:23 pm 
Post subject:
hi all,

sorry i took so long to reply i was a little busy and tired from work. well i retested on sunday still negative.. went to the doctors today and he couldnt tell me anything!!! didnt say if there was anything wrong didnt do anything basic like blood pressure!!! Evil or Very Mad im furious at his incompetance. still dont know what to do as that gut feeling i had seems to have gone now im not so sure...i know that something or feel like somethings not right!! sorry to be ignorant but what does ttc mean??? is it trying to conceive? to be honest im not trying which i feel really inconsiderate posting on here to talk to people about this when i know there are hundreds and thousands of couples trying and im dilly dallyin on here just with a "feeling" i feel really guilty but didnt know what else to do and needed someones opinion...

just would like to add to all the people on this forum who seem so so supportive and i think all of you ttc (if thats what it means Smile )my fingers and everything that can bend are crossed for you! i know how difficult it is (not personally) but my sister spent a good two years ttc and we nearly lost her to an ectopic. fortunately she has not long had a healthy baby girl...so please dont doubt, keep trying and you will soon get what you wish for!!!

thank you all for your responses though x x im online now if anyone has any adivce

kindest regards and thank you for making me feel welcome!

xx
Wishes
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Aimee

Yes TTC is trying to conceive! Sorry your doctor wasn't very supportive, maybe you should wait a few days or a week and think about whether you want to try seeing another doctor - explain what is wrong and if you are unhappy about the advice then tell them what you would like. It is your body. Hope all goes well.

Good luck.

Wishes x
aimee87
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:22 pm 
Post subject:
hi wishes,

yeah the doctor was completely useless in that he didnt do anything and just basically strugged his shoulders and said its too early to do anything..but i would've expected some basic check for my general health..im going to get a second opionion soon cause something just doesnt feel right...im also planning to see the family planning tomorrow if i can just to talk to someone and to hopefully get a more supportive opinion. i know its more then likely too early for something but like i say that gut feeling seems to have gone now and i just feel frustrated and down because its possibly gone.

i was so sure. now im just confused Sad

xxx
Wishes
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Aimee

Chin up! You are doing the best thing by seeing someone else. I've always found my doctors to be very sympathetic, so have never had that problem - remember once ringing and asking for a blood test and a stroppy receptionist asked if the doctor had told me to get a test, when I said no, but didn't feel right, she said that I wouldn't be able to, but she would check with the nurse. Fortunately when the nurse came on the phone, she was lovely and said of course I could and to come the next day! Two totally different attitudes!

You know, sometimes that "feeling" can disappear when we feel deflated, and may appear again!

Hope things turn out as you want.

Wishes x
aimee87
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:48 pm 
Post subject:
hi wishes,

thanks for your reply Smile i cant tell if i have the feeling anymore im just too confused now to tell the difference, and feel like i got a physcial feeling underneath my belly button across the front or if im just thinking im feeling it....grrrrrr im getting frustrated SadSad
PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hi aimee
Just because you are not actively ttc, it doesn't mean you are not welcome, you are more than welcome to the forum hun Very Happy
Sorry things didn't go to well with your doctor Evil or Very Mad
Really hope you manage to get things sorted soon, take care hun and keep us posted xx

aimee87
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:01 pm 
Post subject:
hi pinkprincess,

thanks for your reply, i just felt guilty all of a sudden...im totally confused right now...

i'll try and keep posted with any news i get if there is any either way....i just hope i can help people on here regardless of lack of knowledge just morale support

aimee x
Wishes
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:03 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Aimee

Moral support does everyone the world of good and we all have experiences/knowledge that we can draw upon! And I agree with Pink Princess everyone is wellcome!

Wishes x
aimee87
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:18 pm 
Post subject:
Wishes wrote:
Hi Aimee

Moral support does everyone the world of good and we all have experiences/knowledge that we can draw upon! And I agree with Pink Princess everyone is wellcome!

Wishes x

thanks hunny pies. i will do my best cause i want to help everyone especially ones that welcomed me and replied so promptly. im just stuck for what to do now and other thing is im rather impatient lol

ok ppl im offskies to get ready for work and go to bed cause im frustrated and very tired..i'll keep you all posted im planning to get some advice and talk to people from family planning tomorrow evening.

take care and good luck everyone xxxx
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi aimee. Did you get to see someone at the family planning today? I am sorry to hear you are having the agonising wait to find out if you are pregnant or not. I know what it is like to have an unsympathetic doctor/nurse, but hopefully if you see someone else they may be more helpful. Let us know how you get on, and I hope that you do get the result you want.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular