Smoking and Pregnancy.

minimakerette
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:44 pm 
Post subject: Smoking and Pregnancy.
Now I know this will get some harsh responses. And I have tried being harsh but now I am at my wits end.

This is about my sister who is also pregnant. She is due in Nov...I am due in Jan.

The problem is that she normally smokes 2 packs a day. Now that she is pregnant it is down to one pack. But short of seeing a therapist (which she is doing) I dont know how to get her to stop.
I have tried everything short of locking her in a room without any cigarettes.

We both have been smokers in the past. I stopped 5 years ago when I had a severe cough that did not go away for 3 weeks. I feel guilty being too judgmental (thats what the ugly stares from society are for) I am not making excuses for her but she had an extremely rough childhood. Smoking has always been her way of coping. She has done well for herself being an uber-successful and respected career woman. On top of all of that she is a good sister.

I feel bad when we are out in public and people give her these horrible looks because she is smoking with her pregnant belly. I fear that something might go terribly wrong with my niece/nephew but more than that I fear for my sister. If anything happened to this pregnancy I am convinced she will go mad. And she is 39 years old...she may not have another chance.

Is there a trick anyone knows...again she is seeing a very exclusive therapist but clearly this has not been helping.

Help!
xKerrynx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya, not many people will check this forum so try posting it in this one, "The breaking the habit" forum x

http://www.askbaby.com/talk/viewforum.php?f=154

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Breaking the habit All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular