Ectopic Pregnancy

MrsNash
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:58 pm 
Post subject: Ectopic Pregnancy
Hi There,

I am wondering if anyone might be able to give me some advice please.

On 17th October this year I had a laparoscopy as the EPU thought I may have an ectopic pregnancy. Well I did and as a result my left tube has been removed.

Five weeks on and I am healing nicely but no sign of a period? Has anyone else experienced an ectopic pregnancy and if so when do your periods return? We have been told to wait for at least 2 cycles before trying again and although we are in no major hurry, waiting for the first cycle is really rather frustrating and a little worrying.

Thanks.

Nina
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:55 am 
Post subject:
Hi Nina

Not sure on the likelihoods, as never been through what you have - found this site though that might be useful?
http://www.womens-health.co.uk/ectopic.asp

I would guess that as with any major changes to your body and cycles it could easily be 8 weeks or more before your body figures out what's what and can start to settle again though.

Take Care

Anna
MrsNash
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:39 pm 
Post subject: Ectopic Pregnancy
Hi,

Thanks so much for your advise.

I am pleased to report that I finally had a period (just under 5 weeks after having my left tube removed) - I never thought I would be so pleased to have had my period!! Fingers crossed that all will be ok!!

Nina
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular